1900v Questions?

Headhunter

Chuck,

The 1900’s are simple boats. Just have the hull checked for impacts or trailer damage.. the usual engine inspection and a decent trailer.The 1900’s had the upholstered seats on the forward lockers..

They are fun boats that are easier to manage. Engines are the concern.  We had a 2 stroke 150, and it was fast. It was made with the 4 cyl 130’s in mind.  The 4 strokes are heavier on the stern, and you won’t lose as many hats. 
Nice ones pop up from time to time.. 

Marc

I had one for nearly 10 years with a little Yamaha 115, 2 stroke on it, and LOVED it! The front hatches that were upholstered as mentioned by Marc, don't like a lot of foot traffic, which is obvious. I replaced mine with Starboard and SeaDek, when the material came apart. I caught a ton of fish in that boat and always had a great time on it! I've owned a lot of boats over the years and am currently in a 2018, 23 HPS, and I miss the simplicity and wash/rise-ability of the 1900v. They ride well, sip fuel, and handle the inshore very well! I think the issue with the weight of the 4 strokes is/was something more to look at with the older 4 strokes, as they are much lighter now than they were 10 years ago. If you remove the oil tank and move the battery from aft -starboard, to the console, you'll be in business weight wise. Mine had a poly tank it, that never gave me any issues. I think it held 40 gallons of fuel, which was more than adequate for me. Keep in mind these were made during the less than desirable wiring years. While basic, they more often than not need a wire clean up and re-fresh. 

They trailer easily, and don't weigh much at all. I think just the hull was under 1,000 lbs. Of course adding batteries, gear and the outboard add up, but you'd still be at or under 2,000 lbs. rigged out. They're pulling some pretty hefty money now, but all boats seem to be. If they're in the same range, the 20' replaced the 1900, and it was designed for the added weight of 4 stroke. It's a little nicer boat, and something I would also consider. 

9 hours ago, scseadog said:

I would echo all those comments, only real "issue" is the water intrusion due to the side deck drains.  I have a 2002 and just repowered with 2021 Suzuki 115.  Really great inshore/nearshore boat for all I do here in Charleston SC.  

Hey Seadog, how is your performance with the Zuke 115? My Optimax 1150 won't last forever and I like the weight and warranty on the Zuke 115s and 140s.

OP, I echo what others said, it is a great boat that is very fun and capable.

5 hours ago, scseadog said:

Just got through the break in period.  So far it's been great.  I hope to run it at my normal operational RPMs in the next couple of trips to get a better feel for hole shot and top end performance.  I am running a 13x21 prop and it spins it nicely.  

What numbers are you getting?  Mileage/ speed, etc?

Do you think you would be underpowered with a 90?