Pathfinder 2500 adding second power pole

fishingfool485

Hey guys just wanted to know the best way to wire my second power pole to power.  It’s a 2020 2500. Everything is installed and ready to go.  I just need to power it up.  I read somewhere that there is a spot in the console for the second pole.  Looking for some advice before I go and fish the + and negative to the console.  Thank you.  

Hey FF, I finally got into it, and on my 2018 HPS, the port side power pole wire is red with a yellow stripe. Starboard is going to be red with a green stripe. It was in the main wiring bundle just inside the transom, from the engine. I also located a negative bus bar with room, and a positive lug (which I won’t use here). Pics may be sideways, but...I never knew there was a negative bus down here. I’m going to clean it up while I’m at it, and put terminal sealer on it. 

2399D62E-0DC3-4E55-B045-BA0EEACB3676.jpeg

F34EF02D-80B4-40EE-AF4D-39968F95DADA.jpeg

5 hours ago, fishingfool485 said:

Exactly what I needed Brad.  Thanks my brother.  You da man 👍

You’re welcome! One more thing, I turned battery power and and nothing. I checked voltage at the fuse for the Power Pole, and nothing. I assumed since the boat came from the factory with one pole, they didn’t hook up the lead for the other side. Some digging around under the helm proved my assumption to be correct. This is where I found it (no terminal ring, I used one from the Power Pole kit), tucked up in the bunch not too far from the starboard side. I’m going to land it now, and hope to report back that I found voltage. 

*Edit* that was it. Good to go now! 

CC5C760F-4C31-4D6E-88D8-B1DA42407305.jpeg

On 4/25/2021 at 5:09 PM, fishingfool485 said:

Got it, thanks for all the help guys.  When I looked in the bilge it was right in front of me.   2 6 gauge wires labeled port power pole with open butt connectors.  Thanks for all the replies and thank you to maverick for making it so easy

FE9524A1-8AE2-4490-9540-3C26A86C59F3.jpeg

Nice looking boat! Glad you had an easy go at it, too. The bilge access on the 25' is NICE! I thought it was adequate on my 23', up until I wired up my second pole the other day. I have long arms (36" or so) and the wiring for mine was at the very end of my reach, and I could only fit one arm down there. That made it extra fun to zip tie it all back up!