20 or 25" 250 SHO 22 trs and prop question

16bayfisher

I've read previous threaded extensively on this topic and cannot find an answer nor am I sure which direction is best. 

I've settled on the 250 SHO for my 22 trs build. Originally I wanted to go 200 sho which is only available in the 20" shaft. From what I understand the 250 comes in both the 20 and 25". If the 22 trs is built to use a 25" shaft motor is that what Pathfinder will install? Is there a reason to get the the 20" shaft vs the 25"? Boat will have a 10" jackplate. Not extremely worried about top speed just want to get there quick and smile while doing it lol!

Also, does anyone know which prop Pathfinder supplies with the 250 sho? Are you able to request different props?

Thanks!

I've 2 22's. .....A 2008 TE w/ a 250 SHO 20" and currently a 2020 22TRS with a 200 SHO 20"  Jack plate on both.

I think the 20" maybe the only option because of the jack plate.  I can also say that my new TRS gets the same speed as my 2008 w/ the 250. I personally think that if you're not interested in ultimate speed, get the 200 SHO and save yourself a few grand. I run a 19P 3 blade SWS ( the plain-Jane prop) and I've seen 52 @5700 rpm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...