On Board AC Battery Chargers

Inshore1

I have a 7 yr old 3 bank Guest AC charger that just bit the dust and looking to replace.  I’m trying to get it replaced before the weekend and can’t get another Guest here in time.  Local Battery Source has a 3 bank Noco Genius in stock and wondering if anyone has any experiences with the Noco chargers..  I used to leave my Guest plugged up for extended periods and never had an issue and wondering if you can do the same with the Noco.  Thanks for and input 

Before you get to far, Do you want charge on the fly from the outboard output to all batteries including the trolling motor bank? 

Check out Stealth 1.   He has AC and DC separate or together. My AC/DC is going on 9 years old and is still operating perfectly.

I have heard nothing bad about Noco Genius. When you get home, plug in and forget it. They have good reviews!!

JL Marine  (power pole) also now makes an AC/DC system but sit down before you see the cost.

Stealth 1 is a cost effective AC/DC system and if you do not need DC charge on the fly  you can purchased just the AC component.

• Like 1

Thanks JH for the reply!  I guess I should have elaborated a little further. I am running the Stealth DC in combination with the 3 Bank Guest AC.  I thought about buying the Stealth AC so I could run their complete system but didn’t know if it would provide the power that a 30 Amp 3 bank AC charger would provide that has an actual lead to each individual battery.  From what I understand, the Stealth AC still has to top off one battery before it moves on down the line and won’t charge all at once.  

That's true, but I have never had a situation that I needed to charge all at the same time. I have spent days in the back country and never had low batteries. DC side did its job keeping everything charged up. I have had the boat in the water for a week at a time at Hawks Cay and just plugged in the ac cord at night and never a concern. The AC side has always been great. I use my TM. I am either moving down a bank fishing the shore or anchor locked, so far it has not let me down. I run a group 27 AGM for cranking/House 1 and Three Group 24 AGMs for my 36 volt TM  and House 2 backup. I do not think you can go wrong just upgrading you Stealth system. Just my experience. 

Stealth ac/dc combo for the win. I cannot remember the last time I plugged my boat in. I fish quite often & my boat sometimes sits for 2-3 weeks at a time when I’m fishing with friends. Never had a low battery problem. Ever. (unless a battery is starting to go bad, of course) Typically a 30-45 min run will charge all 3 of my batteries to 99%+ after a full day of TM & baitwell use. I use 1200 Odysseys for my TM & a 27 Deka for my house battery. Why plug in if you don’t have to? Good luck! 

• Like 2