My ideal trolling motor stabilizer

FINCHASER

Even though I still was not wanting to add a piece of hardware to the deck especially as it wouldnt be used alot but is nice when running in the rough, I finally ordered the parts to put together a RAM stabilizer for the trolling motor.  After looking at the "claw" and still being hesitant to drill, I had the idea to give something else a shot (yes I know about the few no drill trolling motor legs but do not care for certain aspects about them).  

So I removed the ball end from the claw and installed a 3/4" PVC plug onto it that will install into a coupler and added a leg of PVC pipe and a rubber chair tip.  Length is setup so it takes some downward pressure from the TM shaft and keeps it pressed onto the deck.... still need to test it but I think itll work.   Thought Id pass it along as it seems to be somewhat popular question on how to do something without drilling

20210415_135027.jpg

20210415_134820.jpg

20210415_134747.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, i did make a crude one that clamps tight to the shaft, saw images of a production one. But after i made and bolted on, it dawned on me that when deployed and working, it seemed to me that when the shaft would spin, it would rap the cord, so i wanted to make a “quick” release. i also made it a little long so the down pressure holds against the boat , works pretty darn good.