New Old Boat Project - need advice

Limitless

On Thursday I sold I sold my 5th Hewes, but I’ll be back in the MBG family again.  In the meantime, yesterday I started my new project on an old classic – a 1968 13’ Whaler with a 1973 25 HP Evenrude.  I found her in Springfield IL and she’s been sitting for over 6 years but is structurally sound.  Today was the initial clean up and with a couple hours, Simple Green, a good boat brush and a pressure washing I can now see what I’m facing.  There are several folks on here that have significant talents and experience in renovating a boat, so I am reaching out to you with a few questions.

She’s going to need sanding, some glass work, and primer and epoxy paint (not going to try gel coat).  One of my biggest questions is:

Do I tackle the outside of the hull and do everything there first;?

Do everything to the interior first?

Should I complete everything except the paint on interior and exterior and then paint each individually?

I plan to go with a bright white for the exterior hull and Whaler Blue inside.  As always, Thanks for opinions and suggestions. 

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

• Like 1

I would do the entire outside then flip it. Once the inside is finished it’s in position to rig on the trailer. 
 I would consider awl grip oyster white on the hull. I have used it on a couple of whalers. The first two pics are of my previous 15 footer. The last two are pictures of a 17 I did for a guy. 

8D811D55-DA58-447C-8328-8EAE1626850E.jpeg

6BC95638-935E-4F21-97D5-941A4FFFA947.jpeg

34EB666E-5BC5-4093-8D32-A4D0FA7A0FB6.jpeg

86EFD248-C7F3-4B4A-AE5E-A25A10E8A2DE.jpeg

• Like 1