Grab bar removal help

NNFD197

So I’m trying to remove the grab bar off of my 2200 so I can have a t-top installed. I can seem to get the top screw out of either side. It’s way more than finger tight, and the one I took pliers to crumbled in pieces. Any help would be appreciated. I attached two pictures for reference.

73A00935-62E8-4DD2-B957-26F33F93AF67.jpeg

52E1003C-DEB0-4DDD-BB00-190B50388EDD.jpeg

Cover up anything under the console with a towel, and take an angle grinder with a flapper disc or grinder wheel to the remnants of the bolt head. Get a buddy on the other side and pull the rail open enough to get the bolts out of the hole and off the console w/o scratching it up. I'd soak the bolts with some sort of oil and remove with vice grips the next day. 

**I see the issue now** My method is assuming you can access it from the back. SCFD is probably referring to Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NNFD197 said:

It’s a screw, there’s no nut. Thanks for the ideas.

If the new t top going to cover the area? If so you can drill the head of the screw off. Start small a and step up the size fo the drill bit until you have removed enough of the head to slide the rail off. Then grind the screw body smooth with the console