What SUV’s are you using to pull your flats boat?

makomark

So my neighbor pulls his 19' Ranger Deep V fish and ski which I am sure out weighs the 18.5 MA by plenty with his 2021 Toyota Tacoma with tow package or his wifes 2020 Toyota Highlander "tow package also".  They are retired and they are gone 4 days of the week fishing lakes all around SC.  He has said nothing but good things about the horse power and the towing abilities.  Me personally I would by a Ford Explorer or a Dodge Durango...Just me 😁

On 4/30/2021 at 7:00 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

F150 - super crew cab - 3.5 ECO boost, trailer package...don't need anything more.

dc

My local dealer has one in stock - Awesome truck, with all the right specs:  XLT, SuperCrew, 3.5L ECOBOOST, 4x4, 3.55 Locking Rear Axle, MAX Tow Package, 36 gal long range fuel tank.

There's only one thing holding me back...  STICKER SHOCK!!

Here's the sticker: 

2021_F150_XLT_4x4.pdf

• Thanks 1

About the sticker shock. My brother-in-law had picked out a 2020 Ford F250 XLT diesel (dealer had four just a like on the lot). Had a deal at $62K, told the Brandon Ford salesman he could not buy it right then due to no where to park it, but would be back in two to three weeks to pick it up, cash deal. Went Saturday to buy it and the same exact truck was now $68k due to the impending truck shortage because of the processor supply problems. The dealer would only give him back $2k off the $68k because they did have a written "deal", however with no money down.....that was the best they would do. It's time to take a tube of K-Y jelly with you when buying trucks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DonV said:

About the sticker shock. My brother-in-law had picked out a 2020 Ford F250 XLT diesel (dealer had four just a like on the lot). Had a deal at $62K, told the Brandon Ford salesman he could not buy it right then due to no where to park it, but would be back in two to three weeks to pick it up, cash deal. Went Saturday to buy it and the same exact truck was now $68k due to the impending truck shortage because of the processor supply problems. The dealer would only give him back $2k off the $68k because they did have a written "deal", however with no money down.....that was the best they would do. It's time to take a tube of K-Y jelly with you when buying trucks.

Seems like everything we purchase is way move expensive that it was before COVID-19 . Bikes , food , wood , boats, cars , trucks , houses . Due to supply and demand things are outrageous. Maybe if everyone could figure a way to delay there purchase until things style down than the manufacturers would realize that people are not going to buy something at this time and get stuck upside down with a house , boat , car , truck that they owe 20% more than it is worth . This may not be the time to make a large purchase . It happened in the house market about 18 years ago and it hurt borrowers and lenders for years . People where walking out of homes that they had been making payments on for years . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1