Power pole bracket??

whichwaysup

Well, I've finally raised the money I needed to buy a power pole for my MA.   Very excited about getting it, and a previous member's question led me to figure out which model I want.  8' Pro II seems like the best choice for what I'm doing.   Now, my question is how to choose the right bracket.    I have a custom poling platform and I want to make sure the bracket doesn't interfere with it.   Also curious where everyone mounts the pump - thinking in the dry storage under the bench seats?  

Anyone know how I should go about picking the right bracket?   There are a lot of variables I'm not even sure how I'd measure without a trial and error attempt.   

https://power-pole.com/accessories/adapter-plates?jlm_adapter_type=467

First, I don't see any benefit to a bracket if the PP is installed properly on the stern.  If you insure you have large amounts of 4200 on the bolts and behind the mount, there should be NO water intrusion.  I have two on my MA17 with NO issues.

If you use a bracket, you have to take off the engine to slip it in, this $$$ of labor and the bracket is $$$ as well.

Where to mount, depends on what space you have.  If you have space under  the seats, easy peasy, it runs off a 25 amp fuse, # 10 wire and you are golden...I would run it on it's own line from the house battery to it's own switch (simple on/off) and then the in-line fuse....keep it simple.

I am rebuilding my units (valves, etc.) as you've seen on my thread....I would go with the 10'.  If you mount it yourself and do not use the bracket, it's the same as an 8' with bracket and install....it will take you about 2-3 hours to mount and wire it....

If you need any pics or thoughts....feel free to post or send me a pm.

dc