Sold 1998 Maverick Master Angler 18.5

cjk

Sold 1998 Maverick Master Angler 18.5. Original Yamaha 150 P150TLRW (1998 as well). The boat has been rewired and is in almost 100% Original Condition. The Poling Platform was installed by Jacks Interbay Marine in Tampa upon delivery as opposed to factory as was done with all boats sold by Jack the fiberglass platform is factory. The only other holes that have been put in the boat that were not done at the factory other than the poling platform is the GPS and one of the push pole holders was replaced by a Fibertex holder since it is stronger. The cheap plastic undleriner has been removed from the underside of the front hatches and they were beefed up with additional fiberglass and painted oyster white.

The boat has never had a power pole, radio or trolling motor as I was opposed cutting holes in the boat. Boat is propped for a load and can consistently go 52mph at 5600 RPM Light. I have seen 54mph. I usually cruise at 36mph at 4000RPM. Only the center livewell is plumbed has courtesy lights and the livewell is wired to be constant or on a 90 second timer. 

The hours are unknown as Yamaha did not incorporate the hour meter into the tachometer until model year 2002. Gauges were recently renewed by GaugeSaver. I purchased the boat in April 2011 from Jack's Interbay Marine (original selling dealer) where it was traded in on a Shearwater. These are the only 2 pictures I have at the moment. I will get more this weekend.

I have loved the boat, we used to keep it in the Keys and when we sold the home in the Keys a few years ago I couldn't sell the boat. However it really isnt the ideal boat for the Mobile Bay Area and it just hasn't been used enough lately to justify keeping it. I joke with people around here that the poling platform is a fish cleaning table.

Light Gray top with White Bottom. 1998 Rite-on Aluminum Trailer with recent axle replacement.

Boat is Located in Fairhope Alabama.

Sold

MMA 1.png

MMA 2.png

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cjk said:

1998 Maverick Master Angler 18.5. Original Yamaha 150 P150TLRW (1998 as well). The boat has been rewired and is in almost 100% Original Condition. The Poling Platform was installed by Jacks Interbay Marine in Tampa upon delivery as opposed to factory as was done with all boats sold by Jack the fiberglass platform is factory. The only other holes that have been put in the boat that were not done at the factory other than the poling platform is the GPS and one of the push pole holders was replaced by a Fibertex holder since it is stronger. The cheap plastic undleriner has been removed from the underside of the front hatches and they were beefed up with additional fiberglass and painted oyster white.

The boat has never had a power pole, radio or trolling motor as I was opposed cutting holes in the boat. Boat is propped for a load and can consistently go 52mph at 5600 RPM Light. I have seen 54mph. I usually cruise at 36mph at 4000RPM. Only the center livewell is plumbed has courtesy lights and the livewell is wired to be constant or on a 90 second timer. 

The hours are unknown as Yamaha did not incorporate the hour meter into the tachometer until model year 2002. Gauges were recently renewed by GaugeSaver. I purchased the boat in April 2011 from Jack's Interbay Marine (original selling dealer) where it was traded in on a Shearwater. These are the only 2 pictures I have at the moment. I will get more this weekend.

I have loved the boat, we used to keep it in the Keys and when we sold the home in the Keys a few years ago I couldn't sell the boat. However it really isnt the ideal boat for the Mobile Bay Area and it just hasn't been used enough lately to justify keeping it. I joke with people around here that the poling platform is a fish cleaning table.

Light Gray top with White Bottom. 1998 Rite-on Aluminum Trailer with recent axle replacement.

Boat is Located in Fairhope Alabama.

$18,000.00

MMA 1.png

MMA 2.pngWill you be able to show it Saturday? 

16 hours ago, Rustycoke said:

So whichwaysup is your 18.5 hard to pole?

It's not what the boat does best, but it is very, very do-able.    Keep in mind, I'm back in marshes where I'm poling slowly along a grass line looking for topwater reds.   There is very little current back there and it is somewhat protected from the wind.   I'll pole all morning long, no problem, but I'm middle aged and in decent shape - and I actually enjoy poling.   If I were in the keys, pushing against a tide and a wind and chasing a fast moving school of bonefish it would be tough.     

I'll try to find the pic, but my 8 year old son decided he wanted to try poling the boat (got bored of fishing).   Darned kid pushed me around that marsh for about 2 hours and navigated through the grass maze like a champ.   That ought to tell you something.   

It's not a technical poling skiff, but it is a flats boat that can be poled.    I will say this, a buddy of mine got a Hells Bay and I had a chance to pole it.   I was shocked at how little difference there was between my boat and his.   Maybe an HPX is significantly different, but I'd always assumed the HB or HPX would be a cake walk compared to a big old MA.   The difference was a lot less dramatic.

20200702_072938.jpg

Update: I have promised a showing next weekend, then I have Fatherof4's Son in law lined up to see it after that, and another call to return. Also not sure if RustyCoke is still interested or not. In the mean time I am going to polish the boat and gather all of my records including new color coded wiring diagram. I have a file that has every penny I have spent on the boat. I also have to go get all of the former Florida Title paperwork out of my safe deposit box next week in case the next owner lives in a title state like Florida. Alabama needed none of that info. I didn't expect quite as much interest at my price point and I guess I jumped the gun a little bit on the listing. 

• Like 1

• cjk changed the title to Sold 1998 Maverick Master Angler 18.5