Where do you keep your phone?

SCFD rtrd.

I've always kept my phone on top of the console and never had a problem. Well, got a new phone and the first time I went fishing, the phone said it was overheated and shutting down. I put it in my pocked to get it out of the sun and it started doing all sorts of stupid stuff. So, apparently I need to keep my phone in the shade. But, I don't hear that well, so it has to be close and in the open. What do you do to keep your phone handy but not overheated? 

In a flats boat, anchored - on the shady side of console top row of rod rack behind rod holders, or under gunnel - on the top of rod holder.  Always shady easy to reach when on a sandbar.  I’ve also tucked it underneath my gps on the top of the console (shade there as well).  If running I always have it inside console, usually sitting inside my gps hardcover.  

I keep mine under the leaning post seat. I don't think your model of 23 had the cup holders in the console yet. How about the glove box below the helm, or was that a 2018 upgrade too? Like others have mentioned, if you can keep it upright in a cup holder and throw a rag over it, it will be fine. 

On 5/9/2021 at 1:33 PM, jh141 said:

I keep my phone as far away from me as possible when out enjoying creation. Really In the console compartment ( glove box )  far away but close enough.

Totally agree!  My phone is provided by my employer, so if it had enough waterproofing, I would like to smear some chum slime on it, and hang it over the side of the boat.  That way, I wouldn't hear it, see it, or be tempted to look at it... and if it took a hit, oh well!

But seriously, I use the RAM X-grip on the console side rail/handle, as mentioned above, and I like it for shooting pics and video.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geeviam said:

Totally agree!  My phone is provided by my employer, so if it had enough waterproofing, I would like to smear some chum slime on it, and hang it over the side of the boat.  That way, I wouldn't hear it, see it, or be tempted to look at it... and if it took a hit, oh well!

But seriously, I use the RAM X-grip on the console side rail/handle, as mentioned above, and I like it for shooting pics and video.

HA, my boss would be FIRED up if she called me and I didn't answer, especially with a 5 y/o at the house 😁. But, I feel the same way about constant access all of the time. 

• Like 2