2500 float switch quit working

Bamaskeet

I have a 2021 Pathfinder 2500 and the bilge pump float switch stopped working.  The bilge pump works and luckily I have dealer installed backup bilge pump.

I can’t  seem to download the owners manual on my IPad.  Does anybody know where the fuse\breaker for the float switch is located?

Look in your bilge. starboard side of the boat, left side as you have your head in the bilge access looking aft. There is a drain pipe coming from the starboard rear storage tub. That drain puts any water directly onto all the wires and connectors that are bundled and zip tied right below it. Start there if you are looking for the issue with your float switch. Mine just crapped out too. I am going to extend that drain pipe enough to clear all those wires and connectors. Really poor job of design at the factory IMO. 

19 hours ago, Tall Tails said:

Look in your bilge. starboard side of the boat, left side as you have your head in the bilge access looking aft. There is a drain pipe coming from the starboard rear storage tub. That drain puts any water directly onto all the wires and connectors that are bundled and zip tied right below it. Start there if you are looking for the issue with your float switch. Mine just crapped out too. I am going to extend that drain pipe enough to clear all those wires and connectors. Really poor job of design at the factory IMO. 

I saw that drain pipe and thought that was strange.   But I’ve never had any water in the storage compartment.

Bilge pump float switch’s  have a history of failing prematurely.  I’m disappointed in the owners manual that it doesn’t give better information on the wiring to the float switch. 

2 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

Bilge pump float switch’s  have a history of failing prematurely.

Of course this should be a warranty issue if you can't find a quick fix. But if you decide to replace the switch, I would highly recommend the Ultra Safety Systems Mini Pumpswitch. They are very simple and robust switches that seem to be much more reliable than any of the other designs out there. I put one on my Pathy and was very pleased with the design and construction.

https://www.tefgel.com/contain.php?param=pumpswitch_price