22 Pathy for sale

fin-addict

Just read on another forum of a 03 2200v Pathy for sale at a GREAT deal and PRICE. Asking 25k as is. If repaired, 40k.

there are a few issues with the boat however.

1. lift it was on failed and and boat and lift crashed into water submerging stern of vessel. Lift then raised bow high, boat slid off lift into water sinking it mostly.

2. boat drifting down concrete sea wall and hitting the wall as drifting.

3. boat came to a stop after being pinned under a dock.

4. only thing needed is a complete rebuild, electronics and engine. Note. Trailer in good shape.

Question, has Covid deranged the brain and not the rest of the body. This is so sad. Just had to post. 🤦‍♂️😂 fin

NOTE, Another post stated and it was a BET, if you open the inspection plate to the fuel tank of any PATHFINDER you will find CRACKED stringers. Where are these people coming from. 😱

So If it was completely submerged in salt water Then you would have to completely replace everything that is not glass or composite. That includes cutting the fuel tank out and replacing it. That is the only way to get back to where it might look and last like a non sunk boat.  I figure if I could get it for "free"  including a good trailer and I did all the work myself and was keeping it for myself, No Labor cost,  I could rebuild it and break even, keeping in mind it would still be a 2003 boat even with new power. 

Now consider the possible other damage that might might have to be addressed.

boat drifting down concrete sea wall and hitting the wall as drifting

boat came to a stop after being pinned under a dock

Even for free it would have to be a labor of love.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Factor in thay it was probably insured and totalled and the guy bought it back for 5k and now wants 25k . . .

Just because it still sort of looks like an expensive boat doeant make it one . . .

The funny part is the owner is not selling it but the guy who was taking care of it is. Just sounds sketchy, the whole thing.