94 LT 20

Brandon94lt20

I bought a pretty used and abused 94 lt20. This is the first bought I’ve ever owned and have quite a few questions. 

question 1, are the stingers in these bought the ones that run directly next to the fuel tank? I have no some spots in the floor but I can flex the supports that encase the fuel tank fairly easily. And they sound hollow by tapping on them.

Question 2, are the caps on thes boats chemically bonded together? I pulled the rub tail off in a section and it’s got screws going through the cap and into the hull behind the rub rail. Then the rub rail is attached with its own set of screws over all of that.

Have you had a chance to look at the threads on complete redue of your vintage LT?  I'm sure the guys who have torn these apart will chime in.  I have your exact boat,but a 1997 I have owned since it's 2nd year. Fortunately I haven't had to anything major to it except repower.  Good luck with your project.

The cap is bonded down. The stringers do run next to the fuel tank. On my 96 anyways. I had a spot that i was worried could be soft. But it was an area where the foam did not come up to the deck. I cut a hole in the deck and filled it with foam. Fixed any give to the floor. And just reglassed the hole cutout back down. There are screws that are in the cap behind the rubrail. As well as screws in the rubrail itself. Any other questions i will do my best to answer. I did a whole refit on my boat a few years ago. 

Bigsnook, the stringers next to my fuel tank are soft, I can push on them and flex the glass fairly easily. But the floor of my boat is solid as a rock. What my question is, am I flexing the stringers or am I flexing some this glass the manufacturer put around the fuel tank? The glass that the black plastic flex hose is mounted to is what I can flex by pushing on it. 

1124A215-66F2-420E-8432-C93D434276AC.jpeg