Fiberglass/Gelcoat repair recommendations for Jacksonville area

MBGNole

After rehabbing my Pathfinder 1900V with all new wiring, switches, dash, plumbing, etc., it is time to get the gelcoat looking new. Mainly cosmetic with screw holes, chips and spider cracks along the rail, but there are a few chips in the keel that will take a little more than just gelcoat.

I have done most of the work myself, but gelcoat work is not in my skillset. So I am looking for recommendations on a good shop in the Jacksonville area to take it and have it done right.

Thanks in advance!

If your willing to go to St Aug, Ryan with Blue Horizon Boat Repair is legit. 

He is in the (mostly) marine industrial complex off Kings St with Spectrum who has had anything I’ve ever needed for my MBC boats. Not sure if they supply MBC, but they keep a database of all of them. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 8:28 AM, justfish said:

If your willing to go to St Aug, Ryan with Blue Horizon Boat Repair is legit. 

He is in the (mostly) marine industrial complex off Kings St with Spectrum who has had anything I’ve ever needed for my MBC boats. Not sure if they supply MBC, but they keep a database of all of them. 

Thanks JF, from their reviews it does look like they do great work. I will give them a call.

• 1 year later...

If you don’t mind me asking, how was your experience?

I’m over in the Gainesville area and looking to get some spider cracks on my non-skid deck repaired after a totally botched job by the fiberglass repair team used by Homosassa marine. Without going into too much detail, pathfinder agreed to cover the work under warranty originally on my ‘20 2400 TRS but the gel coat used wasn’t close to being color-matched to OEM and after arguing with the lead mechanic far too long about how I didn’t think it was just “normal fading & discoloration from the sun” on a 1 year old boat always kept in covered storage since new, low and behold, the spider cracks are back, worse than ever, and now more noticeable than ever with a big ugly spotlight on them… lol 

With all that said, I am willing to travel for the right fiberglass team lol 😆