Corrosion Protection

MuddyBottomBluz

Well I have been looking for my Blaster Corrosion Protectant Spray at multiple Home Depot stores in South Florida and have found none. They have apparently discontinued carrying it for some reason. I like the protection it provides and is cheap enough you don't have to skimp on it and cover everything.

I have used T-9 Boeshield in the past but can be expensive and leaves a sticky yellow film on everything after it dries. Good for areas you do not touch to often like trailer axles, etc. I bought some Corrosion X at $20 a can that I will be using on my trailer, I hear it is good stuff but can leave a greenish film after drying. Afraid to spray my engine down with it and have sticky green stuff all over it.

What have ya'll been using that you feel has provided good protection but is not priced so high your not afraid to actually use it! I know good protection cost's but when you have multiple water toy's; protection can become pretty expensive at twenty bucks a can!

8 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Is this what your looking for ? Buy on Amazon pick it up at your door 

B'laster 16-CSP Heavy-Duty Corrosion Stop - 11-Ounces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015DOEKI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_7WAFG8C2858XRC55BKHS

That's it B but believe it or not HD had it for under $5 a can!

7 hours ago, Coto said:

I like fluid film for the trailer you can pick it up at Lowe’s or Advance Auto.

6 hours ago, Billfish said:

Yamaha has. Product under the yamalube name that is good for under the cowling and isn’t expensive 

I have not heard of either of these products but will definitely look into it! Thank you.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:55 PM, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Well I have been looking for my Blaster Corrosion Protectant Spray at multiple Home Depot stores in South Florida and have found none. They have apparently discontinued carrying it for some reason. I like the protection it provides and is cheap enough you don't have to skimp on it and cover everything.

I have used T-9 Boeshield in the past but can be expensive and leaves a sticky yellow film on everything after it dries. Good for areas you do not touch to often like trailer axles, etc. I bought some Corrosion X at $20 a can that I will be using on my trailer, I hear it is good stuff but can leave a greenish film after drying. Afraid to spray my engine down with it and have sticky green stuff all over it.

What have ya'll been using that you feel has provided good protection but is not priced so high your not afraid to actually use it! I know good protection cost's but when you have multiple water toy's; protection can become pretty expensive at twenty bucks a can!

Corrosion comes in three flavors. Use the Heavy duty (Green can) on your trailer. Use the aviation (blue can)  on the boat and motor.  

https://www.corrosionx.com/collections/products/products/corrosionx-aviation 

Under the cowl I use yamalube silicone.... it was explained to me that the other brands have a chem in them or carrier thats not so good for wiring / rubber parts... could be BS but yam stuff is not all that expensive.

Came across this some years ago.... interesting read and seems to indicate a bunch of the high end stuff really isnt worth a crap

https://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum/123560-test-corrosion-inhibitor-sprays.html

9 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Came across this some years ago.... interesting read and seems to indicate a bunch of the high end stuff really isnt worth a crap

https://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum/123560-test-corrosion-inhibitor-sprays.html

Interesting read FC, thanks for sharing! All the replies were interesting as well.

What I would be interested in as well is the effects of these products on rubber and wire insulations under the cowling. Rubber's and plastics do not do well when they come in contact with petroleum products. For trailers many of the products are satisfactory. 

I can tell you, firsthand, that if you have a breakdown on the water and go under the cowling for a repair, something as simple as replacing a fuse can be real sporty when your engine is covered in sticky stuff that is not simply wiped off! 

• Like 1