Raised Console & Seating on Flats Boat

MuddyBottomBluz

I just saw this boat this past weekend. I thought it was cool enough to grab a picture. I kinda like the idea of leaving the console for storage. All the controls were moved up and the console had a smooth cover over where the wheel and controls used to be. 

43360507-A30A-467B-BE49-F61B1873AC41.jpeg

51ECFAC5-AD0F-4E0F-A51A-BCAC92F19008.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Until you ride in it.

That probably did change the ride considerably.....but you could sure see the Tripletail and Cobia from a longer distance on the crab traps and range markers. Oh well....there is never the perfect boat to do it all in. JJ

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, fishmanjj said:

That probably did change the ride considerably.....but you could sure see the Tripletail and Cobia from a longer distance on the crab traps and range markers. Oh well....there is never the perfect boat to do it all in. JJ

I agree with the no perfect boat.

Modifying a boat that was purposed built to do another job ain't my idea of a good job.

I boast on the ride of the 21 Master angler and have thousands of hours riding in 2 of them that I have owned.

I have also rode in one with the tower set up shown. I would drag the thing to my burn pile before I rode it again.

To each their own but adding towers, raised platforms and so on goes against the boats original design and makes no sense to me.

Look at that Fusion they built. Dang good reason it didn't last long. A flats boat with a leaning post design and one good wave and your butt is out and over the side.

Wonder why they don't put towers or raised platforms on bass boats. I know the answer.

• Like 2

It's all personal preference. I'm the first to say that flats boats definitely look best with a low profile and sleek lines. For me, the boat looks best with a super clean deck, very low profile seating, no poling platform and a big ol' motor on the back. 

That being said... I've had boats with towers and nobody can argue with the fact that your field of view, spotting fish, obstacles in the water (running shallow), etc. is drastically improved with a higher vantage point. If you're an artificial sight fishing guy you already know the difference of being elevated on a platform up front. 

So it all comes down to your priorities and what you personally want from the boat. I've struggled with this quite a bit. The only issue i have with the super sleek low-profile seating is that for me my lower back is not a fan of sitting low with my knees above my keester. I'd prefer to have the bench seat slightly higher and being able to stand and lean against something while running in snotty weather is just about a requirement these days.

Josh B.

• Like 2

Agree with you on the back issues 100%. Even sitting on my leaning post and and leaning, bending to reach the helm wears me out. Standing is best but not for long runs. Rock and hard place. These boats are built for the healthy pain free young bloods. “I THINK I NEED A BIGGER BOAT”.  Not kidding !!!. But I love her so much 🥰. The Adoption process would be hell on a buyer. Background checks, references, 1st. Born and the list goes on. 
The mooring whips you see have taken her through 4 Hurricanes without incident for those who may be thinking of them or keep their loves in the water. She has sat with waterline a foot above the dock several time over the years. Apologies for going off topic.
Sorry, the cover is off her vmax. Don’t throw stones at me 😱

4A5B33FB-545B-4B50-A20D-D92E1FC7D3D0.jpeg

• 1 year later...