Sunshade for gps

Headhunter

I have a Lowrance 9 inch Elite Ti-2 on the Maverick. Running FMT. I cannot read the screen in the morning sun at all. The FMT background is dark and not changeable. Does anyone know of some type of shade device that I can add?  I looked at some screen shades but they will not work because the screen is touch screen.

thanks all!

1 hour ago, Headhunter said:

I have a Lowrance 9 inch Elite Ti-2 on the Maverick. Running FMT. I cannot read the screen in the morning sun at all. The FMT background is dark and not changeable. Does anyone know of some type of shade device that I can add?  I looked at some screen shades but they will not work because the screen is touch screen.

thanks all!

I have a 9" Lowrance....do you have the brightness turned up all the way?

Also, there are some other settings on the map which can allow you to see it better....

dc

4 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I have a 9" Lowrance....do you have the brightness turned up all the way?

Also, there are some other settings on the map which can allow you to see it better....

dc

Yes, all the way up and I have changed the route color and anything else I could find. Any specifics would be appreciated

One thing that really helps me (not about the brightness of the screen) is to turn on Look Ahead and Heading or Course up. Keeps the little black arrow in the same spot of the lower part of the screen and more screen for ahead. Also it is not the greatest but if you turn on 3D, the very hard to see black arrow turns into a white vessel. It is bigger and easier to see but is kind of intrusive unless you are zoomed in like when using FMT.