Drain Line

fin-addict

On 7/19/2021 at 1:38 PM, fin-addict said:

What type of drain lines used on 2003 2200v Pathy for deck drains.  Thick wall smooth or the thin corrugated like bilge pump discharge hoses. Want to clean mine out good but do not want to hole it. Thanks men. 😀

Tried water hose from both inside and outside of drains with very little improvement. Boat kept in water. Any suggestions.

If you are referring to the deck drains  in the floor that exit on the transom it is important to  know that there is an inline check valve for each hose. This makes it difficult to  impossible to put a garden hose in the transom and backflush the system. These check valve lie on their side and that minimize their efficiency on stopping water coming in thus the need for raybuds.

Some owners advocate the use of a wet/ dry vac on the transom end with large volume of water from the deck.

11 hours ago, smilemaker said:

If you are referring to the deck drains  in the floor that exit on the transom it is important to  know that there is an inline check valve for each hose. This makes it difficult to  impossible to put a garden hose in the transom and backflush the system. These check valve lie on their side and that minimize their efficiency on stopping water coming in thus the need for raybuds.

Some owners advocate the use of a wet/ dry vac on the transom end with large volume of water from the deck.

Thanks for the info. When I hosed from the outside in got some leaves washed back into cockpit. From inside hosed out not much of a heavy stream but felt something. Years back on this forum this subject was discussed regarding the inline check valves being an issue. It was explained certain year 2200v did not have then and my 03 was one of the years mentioned. 😀👍️Fin

6 hours ago, brew1891 said:

Been a while since I stuck my head in the bilge but I think my 2003 has the check valves. 

Think your right and I was given wrong information. Stuck a flex wire into the drains from inside and hit objects on both drains both the same distance from the drain holes. Did not force anything to cause an issue. Thanks much and appears to have smooth wall hoses. 😀👍️Fin

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fin-addict said:

Think your right and I was given wrong information. Stuck a flex wire into the drains from inside and hit objects on both drains both the same distance from the drain holes. Did not force anything to cause an issue. Thanks much and appears to have smooth wall hoses. 😀👍️Fin

Crank up the leaf blower and hold directly over the floor drains in the floor....it works for me and blows debris out the back transom drains. I’ve also used the air compressor with a small nozzle tip.

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

Crank up the leaf blower and hold directly over the floor drains in the floor....it works for me and blows debris out the back transom drains. I’ve also used the air compressor with a small nozzle tip.

My drains are not on the deck, on the wall where you step onto the back deck. Will try. Thanks.

• Like 1

A good way to flush  the drains is to take an old ear muff flush for the lower unit and use the half with the hose. This lets you cover the deck drain and put a strong flow into the drain.

Some of the 2200V have the drains on the back bulkhead but they do not have a metal grate so it is  easy to put a hose in with some rags to seal it off.

13 hours ago, smilemaker said:

A good way to flush  the drains is to take an old ear muff flush for the lower unit and use the half with the hose. This lets you cover the deck drain and put a strong flow into the drain.

Some of the 2200V have the drains on the back bulkhead but they do not have a metal grate so it is  easy to put a hose in with some rags to seal it off.

Been there, done it. 😀👍. That’s my drain setup, bulkhead. 

These in-line check valves for the floor drains can really be a PITA resulting in various debris getting stuck in the internal workings of these check valves... This causes drainage problems from the cockpit floor as well as in-leakage problems...   Many times no amount of flushing with high pressure water or air will remove this debris...  These check valves are located in the bilge area where they are all but impossible to disassemble and reassemble...

I've owned a bunch of 22' and 24' PF's and the first two things I do after bring them home is completely removing these two in-line floor drain check valves and install two Rabud Scuppers over the external floor-drain flanges...  This problem is solved!!  If you do have any problems with any debris getting stuck in the Rabuds all you have to do is reach over the side and clear the obstacle with your finger....

The other thing I have learned to do immediately after bringing home a just purchased Pathfinder 22' or 24' is to completely remove the in-line strainers just before the bait and live-well pumps...  This will all but eliminate these pumps from becoming air-bound and failing to function....  I can understand where these strainers could possibly be beneficial where the eel grass is real thick but up here in Georgia we don't have  eel grass and they are totally useless and are the primary cause of failed bait-well and live-well function....  I have made many,many fishing trips to south Florida from Ft Pierce to Marathon and have never had any problem with the eel grass clogging these pumps....

------------<" ){{{{><

• Like 3