New 2021 2300 HPS battery switch’s question

Speckeled pup

Hello all

just picked up my new 2021 23 hps on Thursday and thought it would be easy to to install my own trolling motor. I received my boat with one cranking battery and two empty trays. I was asking by pathfinder what size trolling motor I was planning  on installing about a month ago so they would know how to configure things. I received the boat with a 4 bank charger and three battery trays with one cranking battery of course.   My question is should I have to turn on my main battery switch to combo and the trolling motor switch on to make the trolling motor to operate?  I have a minkota 112 36 volt motor. Also it was a bit tricky mounting the trolling motor without hitting I guess what would be the stringer and still have the motor not stick way off the side of the boat while stowed.  And the charger clicking while not charging every 20 seconds is annoying.  Just thought I could filp the trolling motor switch to on and it would work without having the other switch to both. I did add a fourth tray and have 4 group 31 batteries in the console  Thanks in advance to any feedback.  Next time I’ll just have the manufacture put one on 🙁

Not sure how you connected the batteries but here’s the way it should go. First, the 2 switches are separate and you don’t need the main switch on to operate trolling motor. Next, 3 trolling motor batteries are connect to operate the TM. One of those batteries are also connect to your main Battery Switch to act as a backup. This is when you would turn your main battery switch to “all”.The diagram for the correct wiring should be in your owners manual and also is here:

This for a 24 volt system but the connections is similar except for the 3 TM batteries in a row. 
Congrats ..nice boat!

Thanks WM18 I agree 100%
So the two wires coming in from the trolling motor says ( Orange)wireTM batt 2 and the black wire says battery 2 TM 1 This is from the factory   I call the cranking battery battery 1 the second battery is the first  trolling motor battery and so on.  If the orange positive tm wire goes on battery 2 and the black one goes on the same battery how then do I do the jumper wires.  I thought the hot started on the firs battery and the ground on the third battery.  Like a golf cart.  Thanks again  maybe it’s labeled for 24 volt not 36 volt 

"EDITED"

This is a Typical 36 volt TM setup using one Battery in the 36 volt bank as the second House (cranking) battery. From what I have seen the newer Pathfinders are using a second battery selector switch to disconnect the TM bank. On My 2012 I use a 50 amp breaker in the console.

My boat has only one Battery Selector Switch,( off or 1 or 2 or 1 and 2.

Pic 3,   Shows 36 volt bank with the jumpers to create 36 volts. The orange and yellow wires are for my Stealth 1 charging system. 

Pic 1,  Shows The #6 awg Orange positive that goes to the 50 amp breaker in the console and then to the Battery Tender Plug in the Bow anchor locker.

Pic 2,  Shows the # 2 awg red (with a yellow label) positive and the # 2 awg Black negative that goes to the main selector switch (battery 2) and common ground so that the top battery shown can be used as House 2 or Cranking Battery 2. It also shows the # 6 awg Black negitive that goes directly to the bow anchor locker BT plug.

Hope this helps. 

50 AMP Breaker 1.jpg

TM 36 volt Bank Complete 2.jpg

TM 36 volt Bank Charger Only 1.jpg

6 AWG to Battery Tender 1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Troy said:

The 2 wires going to the TM look way to small to me. Maybe it's the pics but it doesn't look right.

I can only imagine Capt. Troy is referring to The Third Picture down. 

Third Picture down from top. Yellow and Orange wires are my Stealth 1 Charger Wires. Yellow is Negative, Orange is Positive # 10 AWG

Second Picture down from top.  The Trolling Motor Wires are the Faded Orange (pic was taken before I replaced them) and Black. They are # 6 AWG.

First Picture is, Orange (just after I replaced it)  # 6 AWG Positive into and out of the 50 amp breaker. 

Forth and last Picture shows the # 6 AWG at the TM Plug in the anchor locker. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

Lord have merci on me.  Guys, The Trolling Motor wiring is NUMBER 6 AWG TINNED from PACER.

This setup was originally done by Bob at Inshore Marine, and lasted for many many years. I have since just replaced and updated it.

I was just trying to help Speckeled pup with a visual.

By the way, I am an Electronics Technician. I just *** at explaining and building a visual.  LOL

Thanks for the reply’s 

I had it wired correctly the first time and never changed it   Trolling motor switch was wrong from the factory. I had a friend who is super smart look at how pathfinder wired the switch.  All I had to do is just  add three batteries and follow the wires marked For TM and add two jumper wire easy But the reason it wouldn’t work was the Trolling motor switch was wired wrong at the factory it seems   When the Battery switch is on there is no current at the switch but the empty post beside it had power  we switched it and now it works   The other thing is the wires are labeled for 24v  

Boat has not been in the water yet so I want the my Dealer to look at it before I use it for the first time I don’t want to take a chance on any warranty issues  here is a good idea Maverick should put the right amount of Battery trays in and label each tray 1 2 3 4   And maybe a owners Manual 

34DE4393-80D7-42D6-A993-F760E801CF97.png

658FD268-5CAE-4031-8797-7BE9D880242D.jpeg

Top photo is how it came just took the cable at the 3 o’clock position and moved it to the 6 o’clock position   
No problem with the Dealership they wanted to help me just trying to keep from a three hour round trip and if I’m going to have to clean a bunch of bugs off my brand new boat I would rather it’s because I went fishing