Going to give this upgrade a try.

HewesYourDaddy

About a month ago, I got a great deal on a Minn Kota copilot that had almost never been used. I planned on getting an Ipilot in the future, but for now I decided I would run the copilot. After looking around on the web, I came across this upgrade for the Copilot that, in effect, turns your trolling motor into the latest version of the Ipilot. I decided to purchase it, and will be doing the conversion sometime this week if all goes as planned. Has anyone else tried this upgrade?
https://northlandmarine.com/collections/ipilot-ipilot-link-upgrade-kits/products/minn-kota-rt-st-to-bt-ipilot-upgrade-kit-sw-2774150-24-36v

1 hour ago, smilemaker said:

When the first  Ipilot came out the conversion kit was popular because of the  number of copilot being used.

I used a kit way back then and it was a simple project. 

Good to know.  This is the conversion to the latest IPilot version with the remote heading sensor.   If it hold position as good as my friends’ iPilots, then I’ll be extremely happy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Took everything out for a test run today. I hit the spot-lock when I was just off the beach in some nasty swells. Held great. I recommend this kit if you're updating an older TM.

congrats....always great to take something apart....reinstall something new...then, turn it on, and it works....ask me how i know this :)

dc

• Like 1

My brother in law did a upgrade after buying a trolling motor from bass pro shop. Brother-in-law didn’t know exactly what to buy and the bass pro salesman knew less than him. I thought he bought his upgrade from minn Kota but either way he ended up with what he wanted with a pretty simple upgrade. 
 Congrats on the upgrade 

• Like 1