1999 Hewes Bayfisher (wiring from CC to front storage compartment)

dxs217

My 1999 16' Bayfisher only has 2 wires from the CC to the front compartment.  They are the black & pink fuel sender wires (plastic tank is in the front compartment).

The wires run from the sender down in between the tank and aft bulkhead in the front compartment.  There is no play in the wires and I can't see where the wires go (can't even get a picture, too tight).

Does anyone know if it is possible to feed new wires from the CC to the front compartment on this model?  I want to move my nav lights to the front of the boat (install shark eyes), they are currently attached to the side of the CC.  I would also like to run some 6 AWG from the CC to the front compartment for a trolling motor install...

I was hoping for some intel before I drain the tank, detach it from the supports, and move it forward so I can see down there.  Another option would be to cut a hole in the floor of the front compartment and run the wires between the stringers back to the CC but I'm not sure about foam or if there are any bulkheads between the stringers that would prevent this.

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

I have a 2000 Hewes Bonefisher that I rewired last year. You can use the fuel sender wire to fish new lines for your project. I was having the same issues --- fuel sender wire didn't want to give at all. Tried other (dumb) alternatives that didn't work out. Eventually just said screw it, tried pulling with all my force, and the wire feed up. Used that wire to run two thin ropes from console to bow to wire my trolling motor. Fuel sender wire terminal broke free from the wire in the process, but it never really worked anyways. Good luck!