Keeping 2500 Pathfinder in High and Dry Storage

Ozello

I bought a new 2500 Pathfinder about 5 weeks ago, well ordered 6 months ago and took delivery about 5 weeks ago.  Where I live the boat ramps are a total nightmare, especially on weekends.  I decided to try a high and dry marina, knowing deep down that it was probably not a good idea.  Well the boat has been out 6 times and they have damaged the hull twice.  Taking to have it fixed tomorrow.  I have watched them each time with the forklift, seems like they are being careful enough, when I can see them anyway.  The worst damage that I noticed last week is on the edge of the first step, damage on both sides.  The GM at the marina said they have had problems with step hull boats before being damaged.  So my question is can these  step hull boats be moved with a forklift without damaging them?  I am sure I am not the only one out there that this has happened to.  Thanks in advance for any responses.

The problem with stepped hulls is that you put several hundred pounds of pressure on very small areas of the hull when lifting with forks. Ideally, the best way to lift with forks is to make sure the forks contact all parts of the hull at the same time. But, if the boat is sitting on the third rack or higher, it's very hard for the fork-lift operator to gauge when his forks are parallel to the hull. 

Some marinas will allow you to modify the bunks on your rack or you can pay them to do that. If you can modify the bunks, make them look identical to the trailer bunks. This will spread the load and keep the pressure off the steps.