recommendations for jack plate and power pole for 2007 2200 TE

Arthur

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2007 2200 Tournament Edition with a Yamaha 150 and powertech prop.  Thinking of putting a jackplate and a powerpole on it.  Wondering if folks have recommendations for either of these?   Seems Atlas and Bob's are the jackplates of choice around here.  Any preferences?  Also wondering about offsets?  Any recs on powerpole models?  Thanks for any feedback that you all have.  Always good to hear opinions from folks who have experience with it.  Thanks, Arthur

If you have a specific need for a jack plate, I would go with a Bob's 8" Action Jack.  That way you'll have enough setback for your steering setup to clear the transom when you tilt the motor, and your prop will be far enough back, in cleaner water, for better grip (less cavitation).

I don't know much about Power Poles, except that I want one (or two)!  😊

Thanks, all.  Mine is a 2007, not sure if that would effect whether there is a jack plate or not, but it's definitely a TE according to the title and there is no jack plate.  I do appreciate everyone's feedback.  I have had differing opinions as to which would add more to the boat, but I believe I can make good use of both.  ;)  Thanks again for your thoughts!

It sounds like the Power Poles are having supply chain issues.  My mechanic suggested a MinnKota Raptor instead.  Has anyone used one?  If so, any feedback on that?  Looks like I will be at the coast for the fall fishing frenzy and hoping to have both a jackplate and power anchor on the boat for that!

Best regards,

Arthur

The only thing the Raptor has over the PowerPole is the ability to keep constant pressure on the pole. This may come in handy when there's large wake that will cause the boat to lift the PowerPole as the boat rocks in the wake. Where I am here in the lowcountry there's enough mudd the pole sinks into the mud and keep a firm grip. The harder bottom the less its likely to hold in heavy wake. That being said I've watch my 22 with an 8' PowerPole rock in the wake and you can see the PowerPole lift a tad but it has never lost anchor. 

I've been super impressed with the PowerPole brand and it's customer service so much so I never thought of switching. They have also made small but very nice changes to the equipment over time. From the brackets, to the pump, hardware, and switches/remotes. The latest blade versions are very nice pieces of equipment. The Rapor is pretty ugly in my opinion compared to the blade. 

Buy from Hydrillagear they seem to always have inventory. Got my 8' blade from them in stock about a month or two ago. 

If I ever install another jack plate, the first thing I will do, before it ever touches salt water, is bond it to a zinc anode below the water line.  The galvanic corrosion between the two dissimilar metals (S/S and Aluminum), can make a jack plate look old and ugly in a short amount of time.  Just a suggestion.