Valuation Help Needed

A1A_Yacht

In 2012 some of you explained that early Hewes-built boats were registered as Regal or Regal Velocity. Thanks once again for the history lesson. We have now decided to sell the boat and hoping I can get opinions on the value of the boat. Here are the details:

VIN# RGLF1118M76A   (Despite the 76A, the title shows model year 1975).   17'8'

2006 Suzuki 115HP Four stroke. Recent full service. Very low hours, approx 400 

Lowrance Sonar & Mapping GPS

Minn-kota Trolling Motor,  Power Pole,  Bennett Trim Tabs

Extra Large Bimini Top, Extra Large Bow Cushion, Console Seat Cushions, Helm Seat and Back Cushions. Rod Holders in Helm Seat Back.

Continental Trailer

Your opinions please, thanks in advance.

photo1sm.JPG

photo2sm.JPG

photo3sm.JPG

photo4sm.JPG

photo10sm.JPG

photo11sm.JPG

• Like 1

The boat shows very well in the photos for being that age. 

Who did the restore? When did they do it? What materials did they use(wood, Coosa, foam)? Was it a stringer up restore? Condition of fuel tank? Any soft spots? Do all the electronics work? (trim tabs, power pole) Is the trailer aluminum? etc. 

These questions will help us give you a more accurate valuation. 

Regal Fiberglass made Bob Hewes's hulls.  I owned a 1989 Bonefisher 2 with Regal Fiberglass on the title.  

Are you sure your boat is a Hewes?  I cant see the Lapstrakes in your pics and the top cap doesnt look like any Hewes model made in 1975.  

Perhaps Regal made boats for others besides Hewes.  

12 hours ago, Toeknee217 said:

The boat shows very well in the photos for being that age. 

Who did the restore? When did they do it? What materials did they use(wood, Coosa, foam)? Was it a stringer up restore? Condition of fuel tank? Any soft spots? Do all the electronics work? (trim tabs, power pole) Is the trailer aluminum? etc. 

These questions will help us give you a more accurate valuation. 

All good and valid questions, thanks Toeknee. It was restored he in south Fla, but I do not know the details. I will try to find out from the former owner and post them here.

For the electronics, trim tabs, and power pole, yes they all work. Trailer is not aluminum.

• Like 1