Overpriced? 97’ LT20

FlyStrip 123

So I’ve found a 97 LT20 with a 200 proV same year with roughly 500hrs. 
It’s an older gentleman that owns it so it’s very well taken care of, non skid looks new, fresh hull paint professionally done in 19’ riptide 80lb co pilot troller, power pole, small 4” garmin, all gauges pumps and switches work with a decent single axle trailer. I’ve gotten him down to 19,000 but after looking on this forum I’m wondering if that’s still a little high any help with this would be great I’m suppose to go sea trial it Sunday. 

what do y’all think? 

The market and current sales will dictate pricing, but i would say its over priced (even without seeing it).  Original / well maintained gel coat will always be worth more than a painted boat.  I'm always weary of a "restored boat" especially without documentation as to why it needed paint.  The Yamaha ProV is one of my favorite engines but they aren't worth much at all anymore (dollar amount).  You would be paying most of that 19k for the hull, accessories and trailer (if its nice).     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

The market and current sales will dictate pricing, but i would say its over priced (even without seeing it).  Original / well maintained gel coat will always be worth more than a painted boat.  I'm always weary of a "restored boat" especially without documentation as to why it needed paint.  The Yamaha ProV is one of my favorite engines but they aren't worth much at all anymore (dollar amount).  You would be paying most of that 19k for the hull, accessories and trailer (if its nice).     

Yea I know the market is stupid right now, I know this is a loaded question but if I go check her out and everything looks good what would you consider a fair price on this boat. 

E264A395-133A-4578-8007-2CB3C25E92E6.jpeg

7994EC0D-B48B-4BFC-A4F8-C8DF8301144C.jpeg

2DC09A8C-5890-4BD9-A9D6-A1714966263C.jpeg

D31D05A1-F36D-48F1-9511-ED125F0A0466.jpeg

11 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

24 yr old fuel tank ?  that's the deciding factor for me...just replaced on on a 1995....not cheap

dc

Fortunately the LT is one of the only boats MBG made with a proper tank hatch so it is much cheaper and easier to accomplish a tank swap.  The boat is still not worth his asking price

11 hours ago, FlyStrip 123 said:

Thanks for the input guys I reached back out to seller to try and negotiate price… he wasn’t having it so I wished him luck with the sell. 

The 200 proV is a great motor. It requires very little maintenance and will turn up 6000 rpm if propped correctly. Our family put over 1700 hours on one with a 18.5 Master Angler years ago.  I’m not sure of boat value, but around Savannah Ga any flats boat is bringing a premium dollar now. I would offer 15K cash if the sea trials are favorable and you are comfortable about fuel tank condition. All the other stuff is just going take elbow grease and time to get to your satisfaction. 

The real issue is the engine,I own the same boat same year.  I do love boat and have had it since new.  I had to replace the engine 150VMAX 3 yrs ago due to perforated water jacket.  Those engines don't have a flush port so it's a challenge to flush especially if the boat remains in the water as mine did.

I replaced the engine with a new 4 stroke Yamaha 150 and if I were to sell mine it would be 20K.  New engine was 14K to give you an idea.