Courtesy light install.

ofdphildo

Never been that good with electrical stuff.

I'm looking to replace two small courtesy lights on each side on my center console. This I have a pretty good grasp on. Cut out the old ones, new butt connectors, new high shrink, all good.

My question is, I was thinking of adding two more closer to the front of the console. This is where I'm not sure. Can I just tie the new ones into the current ones or will that blow the fuse? Do I need those two new ones to go to an acc. switch on my panel? These are the lights I was looking at. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303298017564?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D233908%26meid%3Dce909c16541d4c759e6cf18499be45c2%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D303354592402%26it

Ofdphildo,,,

Yes,,, to your question.... 

You can easily and safely add two more of these courtesy lights you have chosen just by paralleling them with the existing lights..  Since they are LED I'm certain they are extremely low current draw...  As a matter of fact you could probably add at least a dozen more just like those you have chosen and still wouldn't have to use even a 5 amp fuse..  I couldn't find the actual  rated current draw in the link you provided...

Good luck!

------------<" ){{{><

• Like 1