Has The Used Boat Market Gone Completely Crazy ?

Wanaflatsfish

I was looking over the FACEBOOK MHP page and saw my PF22, 2005 for sale.

Yes, I"m sure it is her.....they have her up for sale for $29K for a F150 (rebuilt power head), JP, Trolling Motor, Ameritrail, etc.   How does the price of a PF22 go up by $6K in 9 years.

I sold her back in 2012 for $23K....I now know, the market is completely out of control....I wish the seller a good sale and he / she gets the price......but, it seems like there is NO end to the madness and shortage of boats, engines, parts, etc.

I am so happy I have the Ghost restored and ready to run this fall....I can never replace her for what I have into her with anything similar in price or performance....my 2 smoker, 115, while a 1995, my mechanic stated it's brand new and compression perfect, water jackets and all cooling system new...

My greatest fear is someone hitting me from behind in traffic :(

DC

• Like 2

Yes... it's out of control. It's the reason I sold my old boat and also the reason I'm rebuilding a broken boat, because I looked for months and couldn't bring myself to pay the asking prices that are out there right now. I keep hoping we'll see a major correction in prices when the market crashes, but if I've been saying that for years now and there's a good chance it will just keep going and I'll be some salty old guy complaining about how high the prices are... still... ha ha

If you have something you love, keep it... if you don't love it, sell it and take the profits. Then convince one of your buddies to buy something you love and take you fishing. 

Josh B.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Josh B said:

Yes... it's out of control. It's the reason I sold my old boat and also the reason I'm rebuilding a broken boat, because I looked for months and couldn't bring myself to pay the asking prices that are out there right now. I keep hoping we'll see a major correction in prices when the market crashes, but if I've been saying that for years now and there's a good chance it will just keep going and I'll be some salty old guy complaining about how high the prices are... still... ha ha

If you have something you love, keep it... if you don't love it, sell it and take the profits. Then convince one of your buddies to buy something you love and take you fishing. 

Josh B.

right on Josh B

Yes the used market is ridiculous, and I'm in the industry. I ended up selling my boat and ordering a brand new one because it made more financial sense (since when has that been a thing??)

Used 1990 era hewes are fetching12-15k when they couldn't sell for 8k 2 years ago. 

I'm at the point where you can either spend the money and enjoy life or potentially wait a couple years to save a few bucks, hoping you're still in good health. Life is short

48 minutes ago, jensenjeff said:

Just be patient. In about 2 years the market will be flooded with 3 to 4 year old boats that the green peas decided was not for them or their pocketbooks

This is what I'm hoping for and will likely replace my current boat if/when this occurs.

Until then I'll keep playing with a paid off boat.

10 hours ago, Hobo said:

It is an HPX-V isnt it??? 

Classic Master Anger 17, 1995...

check out the Thread Idid on the entire restoration...You'd be proud of my wiring...ALMOST HOBO...but, I used all you taught me...100 % rewired :)

I want to change some things..but, got tired of being in the bilge....so, I'll fix up a few things in the winter...time to go for a boat ride....I don't catch fish anymore :)

dc