side scan transducer/wire mounting options

Shallowminded6

What boat? I have a shoot through hull  in the bilge and my structure scan is run through the hole in the splash well down the transom. This is on a MA 18. Structure scan works at slow speeds but gets out of the water while on plane. Mine is starboard side of the engine below my power pole. I’ve seen them mounted on the bottom of jack plates on bass boats which I think would be best and least obstructed by the engine. No Jack plate on my Master Angler though. 

40 minutes ago, Carolinadrifter said:

What boat? I have a shoot through hull  in the bilge and my structure scan is run through the hole in the splash well down the transom. This is on a MA 18. Structure scan works at slow speeds but gets out of the water while on plane. Mine is starboard side of the engine below my power pole. I’ve seen them mounted on the bottom of jack plates on bass boats which I think would be best and least obstructed by the engine. No Jack plate on my Master Angler though. 

I have a 18’ Hewes LT (cad hull). No jack plate, power pole, and has recessed trim tabs. Would like to use the one that comes with it(transom mount) for budget reasons. 

E86397A4-4A61-407B-9FBA-B140657EE3EF.jpeg

70B9C219-8A87-4EFF-9F2E-2152367A2C85.jpeg

86DBA4CC-87EA-472E-B1A9-4312503E88B7.jpeg

I run the Simrad 3 in 1 total scan which is likely same transducer but on Maverick MA. I dont have recessed tabs but have similar pocket under transom. I really only have one place to mount it. Not much help in your specific application I know but the image quality is excellent despite the pocket and tabs so yours should perform similar if you can keep it aways from tabs and pocket ever so slightly.

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6515.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-05-21_06.26.38.png

Screenshot_2019-05-21_07.34.43.png

On 9/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, triplec said:

I run the Simrad 3 in 1 total scan which is likely same transducer but on Maverick MA. I dont have recessed tabs but have similar pocket under transom. I really only have one place to mount it. Not much help in your specific application I know but the image quality is excellent despite the pocket and tabs so yours should perform similar if you can keep it aways from tabs and pocket ever so slightly.

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6515.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-05-21_06.26.38.png

Screenshot_2019-05-21_07.34.43.png

Thank you, its slightly different but seems like location of install will have to be the same due to the pocket. Did you run the wire thru the wire chase in the splashwell? Thats one of the top things Im really trying to find out on, as I just had a new motor hung on and everything is sealed and clean in the splashwell. The image you are getting looks great. Cant wait to have that on mine. 

1 hour ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Thank you, its slightly different but seems like location of install will have to be the same due to the pocket. Did you run the wire thru the wire chase in the splashwell? Thats one of the top things Im really trying to find out on, as I just had a new motor hung on and everything is sealed and clean in the splashwell. The image you are getting looks great. Cant wait to have that on mine. 

I did not use that drain hole. It was much closer on my set up to just run it up with the power pole cables and over the transom and into the sleeve with the engine cables. You can see it in the first pic I posted if you look between the power pole and engine.

• Like 1