Talon 4 Blade SS Prop

Eg1520

Sounds like it could work. My 16 Redfisher with two stroke 90 came with a 4 blade 18 pitch power tech but was kinda slow out of the hole. I lost said prop in the river (that’s a whole other story). I currently have a mercury spitfire stainless 4 blade stainless pitch. Both the four blades seem to run the boat better than any three blade I have tried to this point. The Redfisher seems to love to blow the prop out in turns if not tucked all the way in. 

Just got off the water testing the Talon SS4 16” pitch. I have a 2021 18’ Redfisher (7 hours) with factory supplied Atlas jackplate, -5 deg wedge installed by the dealer and the 115 hp SHO. Had 80% full tank of fuel, my wife (?) and myself (225#), 20# of ice, two tackle bags and all required safety gear, maybe 100# total. . The only comparison I have is the PT SCD4, 17” pitch supplied by dealer. 

The Talon gave me more flexibility with raising the JP and trimming out. Just the slightest  hint of ventilation in sharp turns with JP up 2” and trimmed out to 6 bars. A little adjustment of both took care of it. Was able to reach 6000 rpms WOT @ 42mph by GPS. Hole shot was decent by my standards. Porpoising minimal, easily controlled by tucking under with just a touch, no tabs required other than for leveling at different points of wind.  I feel like this is a better solution for me than the SCD4. I had considerable ventilation with it coming out of the hole and in turns. Could not seem to trim out more than 3 bars and had to keep JP all the way down. Top speed with the SCD about the same albeit at 6300 rpm with just me in the boat, no tackle or ice and a few more gallons of fuel vs the Talon run today. Top speed is not really a consideration for me just want to be sure I am getting the Yamaha into the right rpm range (with reasonably representative day to day load) for long term reliability. I am very satisfied with the handling I experienced today. My experience is with offshore boats so pretty sure I have quite a bit to learn getting the most out of the Redfisher. Curious if the 6000 rpms is reasonable WOT for the conditions I described?