3/8" fuel line Marine grade VS quality auto grade?

DavisIslander

When you pull the old hose, make sure the new one is attached to it. Its a lot easier than pulling it with a fish string. Also, grease the hose to make it pull easier.

Good luck. I've done it a few times on my older boats. One time it was a piece of cake. The other time was a bear !!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DavisIslander said:

They have it at $4.25 a foot!  I'm figuring 25' or so to redo the fuel line.  Hope it's not too hard to remove the old.

Get a double barbed nipple and tape it together for added strength. Mine pulled pretty easy. Hardest part was getting the hose off the tank nipple. Ended up just cutting it off with a razor knife. I have a thread from replacing mine that has the lengths and sizes you will most likely need. 

19 hours ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Get a double barbed nipple and tape it together for added strength. Mine pulled pretty easy. Hardest part was getting the hose off the tank nipple. Ended up just cutting it off with a razor knife. I have a thread from replacing mine that has the lengths and sizes you will most likely need. 

I was figuring a double barbed one glued as well.  Thanks.

My understanding is limited other gurus will give you more info but marine grade is different that auto fuel line. There are different grades in the marine line as well but basically its different (and larger id I think) but I know on my vessel the line has to be rated to lay in the bilge and thats one big difference than auto fuel line. Prices likely affected by the state of the world. We run lots of 1" PVC in our line work and few months ago 100 feet of it ran us about 30 bucks and that same 100' is now about 120 bucks. 

25 ft sounds like about 10 feet more than I would of thought you need if tank is accessed under console.