2400v refit begin: layout battery and component location

Wes AB24

Hello!

Just got my first pathfinder 2400 2002 vintage. Hull is great, original layout, no major mods, etc…

I need to find a better place for the trolling batteries than the front hatch, they are sitting at a steep angle but don’t want to loose the fresh water tank option and inspection plate for top of fuel tank. Would like to move start/house battery forward also as a heavier motor is inevitable 

Any ideas or best practice? Anyone mount their batteries to the tanks inspection plate? 

9 hours ago, Wes AB24 said:

Hello!

Just got my first pathfinder 2400 2002 vintage. Hull is great, original layout, no major mods, etc…

I need to find a better place for the trolling batteries than the front hatch, they are sitting at a steep angle but don’t want to loose the fresh water tank option and inspection plate for top of fuel tank. Would like to move start/house battery forward also as a heavier motor is inevitable 

Any ideas or best practice? Anyone mount their batteries to the tanks inspection plate? 

Where does the fresh water tank option go? Have the same boat, working on moving all my batteries to the console.

6 gallon water tank is right behind the center consol baitwell. Takes up a ton of room since the recirculation pump is restricting forward positioning of the water tank as well.   3 batteries will fit, 2 group 27 on the trolling motor and a 24 for the start/house battery along with this water tank. 

The fuel inspection plate makes it challenging to mount the group 24 start battery since it sits at an angle. The battery tray will need a piece of starboard under it to make that level.  I will post photos once this is complete.

I am about the pull the 4 awg wires to the anchor locker area to the trolling motor plug, how hard was this pull? I assume there is not a rigging tube running up front on a 2002? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...