This is why I don’t buy boats from Miami

linesider 159

10 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Just seen it way too many times. Just a reminder to always do research!!!

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/d/hialeah-2008-pathfinder-2200/7408415459.html

1D1AC872-40A5-42D0-805F-EB67ED36E8A0.jpeg

Heard those patty’s float shallow, but wow, that is even better than I thought.  

can hear the guy now “Yeah, just a little bit of oyster rash, you know, normal stuff for these boats. . .”  

• Like 1

Tell ya a quick story.................

My brother-in-law worked for the Original Bob Hewes Boats in Miami, started in 72/73 washing boats. By late 70's or early 80's he was lead mechanic/rigger and eventually shop foreman when Bob sold in 89. He just loaded a late 70's or early 80's Augasport on a delivery truck. As the guy pulls away 2 minutes later they hear a horrific crash, they run out and see the Augasport in the middle of the road almost 150 feet in front of the truck that was carrying it. A guy ran the red light and the carrier t-boned him and the boat went air born over the truck and slid down the road. They brought the boat back, had Aquasport come out and inspect the boat.................other than standard gelcoat scraps & rash you would expect, the boat was fine, no broken stringers, no cracks, perfect. 

For those of you who may or may not know, Aquasports boats went to the boxed foam stringers and tied them into the transom to the bow. Strong as heck and the boat was delivered after gelcoat repairs with full hull warranty still in affect! My brother-in-law bought one after seeing what it can handle and still has it today because he was so impressed!

Muddy Out!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Tell ya a quick story.................

My brother-in-law worked for the Original Bob Hewes Boats in Miami, started in 72/73 washing boats. By late 70's or early 80's he was lead mechanic/rigger and eventually shop foreman when Bob sold in 89. He just loaded a late 70's or early 80's Augasport on a delivery truck. As the guy pulls away 2 minutes later they hear a horrific crash, they run out and see the Augasport in the middle of the road almost 150 feet in front of the truck that was carrying it. A guy ran the red light and the carrier t-boned him and the boat went air born over the truck and slid down the road. They brought the boat back, had Aquasport come out and inspect the boat.................other than standard gelcoat scraps & rash you would expect, the boat was fine, no broken stringers, no cracks, perfect. 

For those of you who may or may not know, Aquasports boats went to the boxed foam stringers and tied them into the transom to the bow. Strong as heck and the boat was delivered after gelcoat repairs with full hull warranty still in affect! My brother-in-law bought one after seeing what it can handle and still has it today because he was so impressed!

Muddy Out!

I can attest to the strength of an Aquasport.  I had a Deep-V 1980 222 CCP.  It had the boxed stringers you mentioned.  Cockpit floor was the same level all the way to the bow, with a huge coffin box.  Solid, well-made boat and a great ride offshore.  Loved that boat!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...