2015 TRS transducer

Pelican racer

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the Lowrance HDS 12 and self-installed a thru-hull Airmar-B60 transducer. But, the install was in 2013, Airmar may have a more capable transducer now. If you need a transducer capable of more features, like side imaging and stuff like that, you might need to install two transducers like Vapor Trail installed.  

2 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

I also have the Lowrance HDS 12 and self-installed a thru-hull Airmar-B60 transducer. But, the install was in 2013, Airmar may have a more capable transducer now. If you need a transducer capable of more features, like side imaging and stuff like that, you might need to install two transducers like Vapor Trail installed.  

Do you have any photos of the transducer location?  

My boat is a 23 HPS, so the transducer had to go in front of the step (basically under the console). I don't think the TRS has a step so instillation would be much easier for you. But, I couldn't tell you where to locate it. I'm sure someone on the forum has installed a thru-hull in a TRS and can be more help. One thing to remember is to run the transducer wire as far away from other wiring as possible to help eliminate interference. 

7 hours ago, smilemaker said:

The most overlooked location for a side scan down  scan transducer is in the pocket. 

Simply consider it as the transom and place it to the side of props clear water.

Sounds  strange but you can mount the metal holder from the top of the pocket. 

Ok, I never saw one installed in the pocket. I will look into it. Thanks