1994 Offshore Yacht (Maverick Hull)

Southbound

I love these threads , mostly cause its me not getting itchy.

But you really really need to replace that tank man.  Lots of Master anglers and 24' Pathys a lot newer than yours already having to replace theirs. You are beyond being on borrowed time. No sense being that close to having it out and not doing it when its inevitable.  Get new tank made and properly coated and never have to deal it 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

you are making a big mistake....sorry to be blunt...with all you are doing, change it out....my 1995 MA17 was ready to leak with pinholes forming.

your call...but,if it was me...I'd change it out.

go look for my thread- Holy Ghost rebuild...

aluminum tanks don't last more than 20 years...google it !!!

dc

I should have mentioned this isn’t the original tank. Not floor or bulkhead that’s being replaced. It’s all been done one. I appreciate the candidness and it’s warranted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I’ve been too busy to post but a lot is going on with the boat. My father in law is still doing the work. New floor is in and being perfected. He built the center console for a twelve inch finder and they’re out of my price range in the midst of restoring a boat. May put a temp depth gauge for now. The color will be sea foam. Everything on the boat metal will be black. I am going to marine mat the boat in charcoal and black.  I’m thinking the entire top will be matted. 

motor is now in amazing running condition. Fuel tank was dialed in after removing a bunch of junk and old gas. Had it inspected and given a thumbs up. I knew from the start that the lower was fried and had that replaced. Only downside to the set up is it’s a 25” shaft. I will be planning on a repower and short shaft after I see how the boat preforms. 

in Amazon inventory currently is complete Rewiring, trim tabs, steering wheel, lights, sound system, and everything to rehab the trailer all black. 

heading to Tampa Monday to get a lot of the work done that I wanted to do myself. I’ll keep those following informed. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Some pictures and updates. 

boats coming along nicely. First pic is of a dragon fly console. I am doing the same shift style on the new console I bought from Clearwater marine salvage. Cutting the console down about three inches to be more “seated driver friendly.”  

Next picture is of the marine mat my wife chose for the gunwale side, floor and complete top side. 

Then the remaining pictures are of gel coat sanding and paint prep. I’m of the opinion the first owner was an old man. Several scratches in the hull were 5200 caulked. What a pain that is to remove. Everything found was superficial so only done for cosmetics. 

Vmarine is providing the push pole holders and seiglar is providing the gunwale rod holders. Everything metal will be black. 

Decided on Simrad Go9 for the finder. 

What I’m in search of now is a cast platform for the front. I want one that connects to the cleat rather than the front hatch which means I need a narrow front and wider back with one that allows offset mounting. 

Lastly, the sound system will be jbl 6x9 x 4 and two sub woofers. Two of the sixes will mount on either side of rod tubes being installed and sub in the middle. Other sixes will mount port and starboard of console with sub up front (not fully convinced of two subs). Amp is a Rockville 3500w Bluetooth for music control. 

I’ll update as we move forward with the project!

Comments welcomed. 

C7267E5A-B74E-440D-A2A4-2E8388569786.png

2EFDDCCB-9FEC-49A8-BBAA-7CA84AAF0E2E.jpeg

93439FEE-FA38-40AA-8310-6A5D70659613.jpeg

94FF8286-ADD3-4795-A06A-C25DD557031D.jpeg

CB17E38C-2F7E-4176-9C26-3FD6497BD525.jpeg

FC7F10B8-CAB2-489C-AE6A-F01AD2F4575E.jpeg

17C2461F-7C3E-418B-9836-04D920289124.jpeg

0478C67E-0C35-43BC-A92F-A6793F925EC8.jpeg

F49D5EF3-87C1-4956-B32B-DF612ABC1C6A.jpeg

B4E80068-6569-4F70-A294-4C3318424B1B.jpeg

• Like 1

I like the progress! 

I only have one comment... Flats boats are normally pretty narrow inside the cockpit.  I feel that shifter may get bumped more often than a top mount (especially with larger dudes and or children).  It looks really slick, but I would be scared of it snagging shorts, fishing line, nets etc.  

1 hour ago, Lap it Up said:

I like the progress! 

I only have one comment... Flats boats are normally pretty narrow inside the cockpit.  I feel that shifter may get bumped more often than a top mount (especially with larger dudes and or children).  It looks really slick, but I would be scared of it snagging shorts, fishing line, nets etc.  

I agree 100%. They have the same safety measures as a top mount with the button push for gear engagement. Otherwise I would go more traditional. I am also mounting it horizontally rather than vertical. 

• 2 years later...