Bimini Top Rod Slits/Cutouts

TP13

I stand corrected, pulled my Bimini out to look at it and it's just an open slot. Never been bothered by the opening probably because it's rare that I have the Bimini up and its raining. 

However, would be easy enough to add a rectangular strip of material that covers the opening sewn on both short ends and one long side. Would create an overlap similar to the flap that covers the zipper on a pair of pants.

Would definitely stay away from adding a zipper which would seem to beat up rod tips. Remember there is some movement of the Bimini while underway and having a soft surface against the rod tips would be better then a plastic zipper or grommets.

PXL_20220209_151515577.jpg

PXL_20220209_151430249.jpg

Birdsall marine makes a pretty cool bushing for this. Not sure how well they would work on a bimini instead of the taught material on a t top but maybe worth considering.

Have been trying to convince them to make them in white as well but no luck so far. Maybe some more calls from MBGForum members would help my case haha.

https://marineproducts.net/products/t-top-rod-bushings.html