Powertech

John B

Just a note regarding a very successful and pleasant experience selecting a new prop for my boat.  I went into this exercise knowing next to nothing about the process of selecting a replacement propeller.   Marcus, at Powertech, walked me though the whole deal ....... is extremely responsive ..... and as a bonus is a fun guy to speak with.   If anyone is contemplating a new propeller - hard to go wrong with these guys !

jb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John B said:

Just a note regarding a very successful and pleasant experience selecting a new prop for my boat.  I went into this exercise knowing next to nothing about the process of selecting a replacement propeller.   Marcus, at Powertech, walked me though the whole deal ....... is extremely responsive ..... and as a bonus is a fun guy to speak with.   If anyone is contemplating a new propeller - hard to go wrong with these guys !

jb

Although you can’t ever please everybody . I think that Marcus at PowerTech has spent more time gathering and sharing information on Hewes and Maverick boats and which power tech prop worked best for the majority of boat owners . Marcus has many years of experience helping Hewes / Maverick owners select a prop that works well on there boat . John B. It’s really great when a customer takes the time to tell others about a company and a employee that does a great job helping a boater dial in his boat .  Joe R 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John B said:

jb

Nice of you to post about your experience JB 👍.  Which prop on which boat/motor combo did you end up with?  Just keeping notes - thanks!

The boat came with a Michigan semi cleaver 3 blade aluminum 13 1/4" x 17.  My stated goal with Powertech was a stainless prop [ better durability sand bars and oyster banks prevalent where I fish ] better hole shot if possible, would like to maintain existing top speed  They requested I send numbers : 32.5 mph @ 6k wot. 3 sec idle speed to fully planed.   Marcus recommended an SCD415, but said he wanted to the try the 15 and see numbers.

First time out I saw 32 mph @ 6K wot.  Hole shot about the same at 2.5 - 3 sec.  BUT  - as I'd failed to mention before - these numbers were with tabs about half way down.  He recommended I try he same routine, but with tabs fully UP [ will not go into the lengthy explanation regarding stern lift props ] but suffice it to say second time out with tabs up it was a different boat !   Jumped right up on plane and 35.9 MPH @ wot which was bumping the rev limiter.

Marcus recommended I go up to a 16 pitch ...... 'will bring the revs down around 300 and may add 1.5 - 2 mph ' The 16 pitch prop arrived today [ they received the 15 at their facililty on Tues, which BTW was exchanged for a $50 fee - uncommon in the industry best I can tell ]  and am anxious to see how it works ....... but takeaway is that in today's business environment, the level of customer service and attention to detail is head and shoulders above what I've become used to.

jb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John B said:

but takeaway is that in today's business environment, the level of customer service and attention to detail is head and shoulders above what I've become used to.

I hear that.  Powertech is a great company with excellent products and service.  Marcus has been making customers happy for a long time.

Thanks for sharing your experience here.  😊