2007 2200TE Opinions...Buying one

gaintime

Buying a super clean and nice 2007 2200 Tournament Edition--taking delivery this coming sunday.  It is powered by a low hour 2007 F150 Yamaha.  I run a 27 Contender offshore with twin 300s and I love going fast but with fuel prices rising I wanted something that would sip fuel and the F150 is known for its economy and I have seen plenty of them with thousands and thousands of hours in my area (morehead city, NC).  I love live bait fishing so I can get offshore in this boat on good days and live bait for kings and spanish but also want to start inshore fishing some.  Just looking for any information and/or opinions on my choice.  I know I am paying top dollar BUT it is what it is at this point.  The boat is absolutely immaculate and it shows like a 2017...not a 07.  New to this forum so give it to me straight.  I have read up on the Rabuds that people are installing if the boat has a water intrusion issue...I have read some say they dont have this issue and some say they do.  Any tips and pointers are greatly appreciated.  Any comments or complaints on this particular year and model are all appreciated.  Thanks and tight lines!

Capt.Will

I had a 2007 2200V with the F150 and with an OFX4 prop it had plenty of power. I would get mid forties with 3-4 people and a full fishing load. I did have an issue with water coming in on the rear floor so I installed Rabuds. It was a great riding boat that I foolishly sold to fund another project. Last year I picked up a 2007 2000V with the F150 and I love it too. It's a little faster than the 2200, but for offshore you'll appreciate those extra 2 feet.