Selling Curiosity

Forgottencoast

After listing my 93 Bonefisher, it seems maybe the lappys are not as sought after as I thought!!

I have it listed a little high at $22k but have not even gotten a low ball.  

I see people post and talk about how they have people asking to buy their lappys all the time, guess I'm just not in that boat.  

Any thoughts?

Where else do you have the boat listed?  You may get more eyes on it if you post on some more sites?  Those year lappys have some thick gelcoat.  I'd perform a major detail, buff and wax.  Make her shine like a brand new penny inside and out.  

Another note: Folks on here are diehard YAMAHA and diehard gadgets.  If it had a Yamaha, Power pole, Ipilot, and Ameritrail it would sell pretty easily for your asking price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forgottencoast said:

Any thoughts?

1.) You are up in the pan-handle...if you were in South Florida, it would have probably moved

2.) The skiff will need a new fuel tank- soon....so, people are calculating this into the price - say $5K

3) EZ Loader trailer - again, if someone has to drag it 500 miles to buy it...there would be some hesitation

4.) As stated above - Evinrude - no longer in production in many peoples minds

You might need to really discount it or have a broker in South Florida sell it for you...

dc

• Like 1

It's listed everywhere I know to put it!

Thank you for the replies. 

Wanaflatsfish, I understand the points you are making.  Not sure what you meant by the evinrude, it's a 2013 with 300hrs.  I've seen them sell with original power for what I'm listing at.  I don't see a problem with finding parts or an evinrude dealer doing work/service on the motor as needed.  Either way she has been a good boat, I will take some of this into consideration and consider lowering the price when I get it back from the shop for motor service. 

What are you thinking on "discounting significantly"?

3 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

1.) You are up in the pan-handle...if you were in South Florida, it would have probably moved

2.) The skiff will need a new fuel tank- soon....so, people are calculating this into the price - say $5K

3) EZ Loader trailer - again, if someone has to drag it 500 miles to buy it...there would be some hesitation

4.) As stated above - Evinrude - no longer in production in many peoples minds

You might need to really discount it or have a broker in South Florida sell it for you...

dc

And no offense, but it's hard for me to see me not selling my boat for 20 when you got yours listed for 35.......

1 hour ago, Forgottencoast said:

What are you thinking on "discounting significantly"?

A few grand...but, if you have not gotten an offer...the market is telling you something....if you don't need the money, keep it until the "right" buyer shows up and says, "she mine"......

Again, I think your issue is location...not the skiff....

My comments on Evinrude...good engine..but, a bit of press not so kind.....

dc

3 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

A few grand...but, if you have not gotten an offer...the market is telling you something....if you don't need the money, keep it until the "right" buyer shows up and says, "she mine"......

Again, I think your issue is location...not the skiff....

My comments on Evinrude...good engine..but, a bit of press not so kind.....

dc

All good man, good luck with your sale.  Hope you enjoy the new boat!

29 years old with original fuel tank, a galvanized trailer, and an evinrude, also it is the 16 and not the 18. Keep in mind people are listing boats for whatever they want, but selling is another story. Your photos are pretty good (would remove the ones with dirty rusty hatch), so if it isnt selling then the only other factor is price

Its a nice boat, but to me its 10-15k. The market is small for a boat like that.

FWIW I sold my clean garage kept 94 18' Redfisher all original 115 ProV, trolling motor, 7" Garmin and original galvanized trailer back in July for $16,500 no haggling. First guy who saw it bought it for asking price. I feel I got a fair price for it and don't think I could have got much more for it.

Ultimately think you are high by at least $5k because you are selling a 16' vs 18' and although you have newer power it is unfortunately an E-tec which I feel really limits your buying pool.  If you aren't getting offers in an on fire sellers market like this you are outta sight on price IMO.

I would not be scared of the motor and I am looking for a 16 foot skiff. The price is high, I might look at it seriously at around 12k but I think if you have patience you could probably get 15k. Just my 2 cents.

Sad part is I sold my 17 foot "89" Redfisher with an old Johnrude, that ran like a scalded dog, probably 3 years before all this mess and all I got was 6k for it. Now I want back in but not going into debt for it! 

GLWS and keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...