2600TRS Battery Charger

JFro

Find your battery charger and see how many wires are coming out of it. One wire goes to house current (110 volts) to power the charger. All other wires go to your batteries. So, if you have five wires coming out of the charger, one is 110 volts going into the charger and the other four wires go to four separate batteries. Another way to check is to check the voltage on your cranking (house battery), should be about 12.5 volts, then plug in the charger. You should see the voltage jump up to about 14 volts. 

I have a five battery system in my 2500.  Three trolling motor batteries, one cranking battery and one house battery.

My engine will charge the cranking and house batteries.  My charger will charge the three trolling motor batteries and the cranking battery.  If I want to charge my house battery I need to put my battery switch on Both while charging, 

If you have the factory five battery system the extra reserve battery doesn't do anything unless there is an emergency.  It was a chore but I revamped my whole charging system so now I have three battery disconnects and the other battery became my house battery so it actually serves a purpose now.  I installed a Victron battery isolator.  Now the motor charges either the house or starting battery depending on which one needs it and they both serve a constant purpose.   You can check out the system on my build thread.  I'll post a link.   The relevant posts start at #29 and finish up at # 63

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/1004449-2019-pathfinder-2600-trs-arrived-now-work-begins-4.html