22' vs 24' pathfinder, 2015 model year benefits

Jdrtwo

I am new to pathfinder boats and stepping down from a big center console boat with twin outboards. 

Other than the physical size, what is the difference between the 22' and 24' pathfinder.  

The hulls were changed in 2015 but the newer ones demand a premium, is it worth it? 

The hard top vs the canvas t top, I would suspect the hard top adds considerable weight aloft, any noticeable drawbacks?

The 225 and 250 add considerable weight on the stern of the 22', does it reduce the boats ability to run in skinny water or change the handling for better or worse? is the 150 or 200 the ideal engine for the 22'?

Thanks for your help,

JDR

I have a 03 with a vmax 150 hpdi. The hp serves me well. The same but 200 will give more wot and the hole shot will be the same. Soft top lighter than hard top. There have been some problems with welds cracking with a hard top. Some have put rear supports from the aft of top to the leaning post to prevent the flexing. Hope this has helped a bit. fin 😀👍

I went with the weblon soft top on my 22 trs. mainly because of the price difference. I do kind of regret not getting the hardtop as it really does make the boats overall fit and finish appear better. The eyelets on my weblon are already pulling out in under a year and the string for the weblon discolors easily.  

I'm not exactly sure of the differences in the 2015 and my 2021 22 trs but I've had the my 2021 22 trs in some very skinny water and was amazed just how shallow it could float. I would say it drafted very close to or if not as much as my 16 bayfisher drafted. That's with a 250 sho, 4 batteries, three adults, and a 10 year old.