Adding a Second Bilge Pump

flatsfisher772

On 3/31/2022 at 8:53 AM, smilemaker said:

On my 04 TE I  placed the outlet next to the original. 

No matter what you do in the bilge be prepared to have bloody knuckles and scraped wrists by the time you are done.

Be sure to epoxy a piece ot pvc board to the bottom to screw the bilge pump to.

Did you have to cut an access hole to install the new through hull? Did you put a loop in your hose? I read doing so helps make sure water can’t come in from the outside

On my 22 TE  the starboard  side was open enough but if I remember  I  enlarged the access on the liner to make it easier. 

Always place  a loop with the top of the loop as high as it can go. Ideally higher than the fitting but on these hulls there is not a lot of freeboard to work with.20220401_165411.thumb.jpg.5bd28380070769a04602bfe24f2aeeb3.jpg

• Like 1

I added another large one too.  I think I combined the hatch drains into one and used the newly freed one for the new bilge so it has it's own and I didn't have to drill new holes in the boat.  If i ever buy a new boat I'm going to spec it that way though because it was a horrible experience.  Even when you buy the proper fittings they won't fit onto the hose so I had days tracking down tees and such from multiple brands and using a heat gun.  Then trying to reach the fittings inside the bilge was extremely difficult.