Bottom paint on unpainted pathfinder?

Jdrtwo

Looking to buy used pathfinder, most do not have bottom paint.  My boat will be in the salt water for the season.
1. How hard is it to paint the bottom for the first time?  Should it be left to the professionals?
2. Are all the through hulls bonded?  
3.  Trim tabs will need zincs?
4.  24’ with 300 hp, will the engine when in up position still be partially in the water?

thanks,

jdrtwo

It’s not hard but would leave it to a professional for the first time. Need a proper prep. The painting is easy. Bottom needs to be prepped correctly, barrier coat applied then bottom paint. Need to decide type of paint going to be used. Zincs needed for tabs if left in water. Lower unit needs to be painted with outdrive paint. Part of lower unit May be in water. 😀👍

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

What about marine growth in the drains that exit below the water line. Marine growth could cause a problem with the one-way valves that drain the deck. 

Totally agree. That is a major problem. Must be flushed often to remove growth and garbage. My diver cleans them out every two months from the outside. I do from the inside every time I wash the boat. I also use a hose from the outside by leaning over before washing.