Nature Coast Advice

Planning a trip down to the Nature Coast in mid May and could use some advice. I was down in early March and the Reds and Snook were up the rivers and creeks. This time of year, will they still be in transition or totally out on the flats? I’m hoping to have about 5 days so I would like to hit some different spots. I’ve only fished down that way a couple of times so I’m considering Suwannee, Cedar Key, Yankee town and Crystal River/Homosassa – what would be a good combination of 2 or 3 of those? I appreciate any information, ideas, and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Cedar Key and Crystal River would be my suggestion.  Some nice mom & pop motels and waterfront restaurants in Cedar Key.  Crystal River has the Plantation Resort which is pretty nice, lots of dock space, a pool.  Fishing should be good on the grass flats and around oyster bars, if this wind ever lays down.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions.  Headed down Saturday to fish Sunday through Tuesday out of Ozello in the St Martins River and Keys.  Weather looks good except for some rain.  Wide open on plans and with a buddy that hasn't fished in quite a while  I'll be trying everything from live bait to fly rod.  I'll report after the trip.