Switch panel "on" indicating light

lookinforsnook

Wondering if anyone has done this or is thinking about doing this. The last 2 unmarked 3 position switches (up accessory #1, off, down accessory #2) on the dash are powering on various systems that didn't come standard on my 26 TRS. Systems like extra bilge pump, live well pump, etc. I'd like to install a red indicating light above each of these switches (similar to the red indicating light for the factory bilge pump) that would light up when either of the systems associated with that particular switch is in the on position to let me know it's status in case they were inadvertently bumped and turned on. I think this would help to prevent burning up pumps, lights etc. with just a quick glance and noticing a light is on. If someone has done it already, please let us know how it worked out for you and was it worth doing. Also, any wiring schematic and parts that you used would be great knowing about. Thanks

I thought about it and its an idea worth exploring and Im sure its doable.... Im constantly checking mine so on the one hand itd be nice but on the other hand I think for them to be bright enough to see during the day your going to have to deal with the extra light when running at night.  I run a ton at night so I passed on pursuing it

Finchaser, good point. I hear what you're saying, but I'm thinking that a red light being on would be easier to your night vision versus say a white light would. The standard bilge indicating light I can see well enough if on during the day, but I do have a hardtop, so for the most part the indicating light is not typically in direct sunlight making it easier for me to see status.

Grabbed these from new wire marine, they will custom print for you as well.  I used the original lighted switch and added the cover. You can buy new lighted switch in several colors and add the cover you want.

AE0A6036-C035-4A36-9D20-ECDB5B26CB80.thumb.jpeg.60476ca43ddaed34a00c26f92aabdbab.jpeg
You could go with a basic lighted switch with a blank cover.  However, using the above would help guide any other passenger to the switch you wanted turned on.

The original approach would require drilling [plexi]glass, which can crack on you and then you would still have to rig a jumper wire to the switch of choice.

Yes, depends on what switch you need, easiest is to count connections on back of current switch and then get  lighted option match

https://newwiremarine.com/product-category/switches-and-actuators/rocker-switch-bodies/

I have used “printed” and found lighted option was lacking, the better etched version is shown in my picture.

I suggest browsing pre-made items first then you can look at specific body and   custom etching covers if necessary.

https://newwiremarine.com/marine-grade-switches/marine-rocker-switches/

there are lighted toggle switches as well.  Google “lighted toggle switch”