2000-2010 Redfisher 16 / Yamaha 90hp 2 stroke fuel/performance

searing

I’ve tried searching with no luck. 
I’m hoping to learn if anyone has done or maybe posted fuel/speed/rpm results for the early 2000’s Redfisher 16 with a Yamaha 90hp 2 stroke?

Just trying to learn what I can expect in fuel consumption and maybe what rpm might be the sweet spot speed and economy. I’ve seen charts like this for the newer models with the 4 stroke. Any info or point in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dennis

98897314-4C0C-4552-B72B-6795797EF5BA.jpeg

Dennis, I have a 1997 Bayfisher 16. I understand the hull is a little different, but I had the same motor. WOT @5600 rpms was 40.6 one person, half tank, empty wells, no trolling motor. I had a fast cruising mode and a slow cruising mode to save gas. Fast was 4700rpms at 33mph loaded for fishing. Slow was 4000rpms at 28mph. I never had a chance to find my economy at a certain setting, but for an average day of fishing, my burn rate was 3.5mpg. The 90 2s motors drink fuel, so be prepared to use the whole fuel tank on a long day. My range is about 115 miles, but I have never done more than 85 miles on a tank without refilling. 

On 5/18/2022 at 12:03 PM, croakersmoker said:

Dennis, I have a 1997 Bayfisher 16. I understand the hull is a little different, but I had the same motor. WOT @5600 rpms was 40.6 one person, half tank, empty wells, no trolling motor. I had a fast cruising mode and a slow cruising mode to save gas. Fast was 4700rpms at 33mph loaded for fishing. Slow was 4000rpms at 28mph. I never had a chance to find my economy at a certain setting, but for an average day of fishing, my burn rate was 3.5mpg. The 90 2s motors drink fuel, so be prepared to use the whole fuel tank on a long day. My range is about 115 miles, but I have never done more than 85 miles on a tank without refilling. 

Thank you! I took it out for a long day yesterday as my maiden voyage with it.:) When I top of the fuel for the next trip I should get a pretty good idea. I mostly hovered around 3800-4000rpms when cruising or between fishing spots.