27 problems is it just me?????

Groupgetter

I just bought a new 2022  27 with Yamaha 425 

trim tabs were not adjusting the ride and the drains are horrible.   Fish boxes fill with water.   Dealer worked on it.  Tabs got a 1 inch spacer which helped. But I haven’t run it loaded down with a fishing load.   Took it out today. Drains are better but still filling with water.    The bilge pump placement is extremely amateur in my opinion.   It is in a cubby where you can’t put your eyes on it nor can you get all the water out.  I am going to have to add ultra float switches and my own pumps.    I am wondering am I the only one?     I guess I just won’t  use ice on my fish?!?!?   My dealer has been awesome to deal with, so i have that going for me.     I do love the layout of the boat.    New model quirks.  I am not throwing stones.    Just wondering if anyone else has these issues?     This is my 3rd pathfinder 

Sorry to hear you have issues with your new rig. I'm not familiar with your boat, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. 

The trim tabs issues can be fixed by your dealer. Just put a few miles on the new rig and run it with a fishing load. The dealership can adjust the tabs. 

The fish box drain issue (water backing up) can be fixed by installing a twist in plug in the drain hole or a shut-off valve in the drain line. The dealership can handle this issue also. 

You should install a second bilge pump especially if you fish offshore. I would not own any boat without a second bilge pump regardless of where or how you fish. When you install the second bilge pump make sure you use a separate switch, wiring, battery, discharge hose and thru-hull. You want the second bilge pump totally independent of the original pump. 

Keep us up to date on your progress and post some fish pics. 

• 1 year later...

You are not alone!  , I just bought the new 2400 open have similar issues. Dealer has been great but seems like we are getting the run around a bit or they are just swamped. The deck has blisters all over which are not voids apparently it’s in the mold. Drives me crazy and worried about resale value. When the sun hits it you can see them clearly. It’s obvious a manufacture defect. The live well leaks as it is a two piece.  Transom rod holder was placed too close to the livewell and has stress crack. Power pole falling down becoming loose. My hatches and forward bilge fills with water including inside my center console. Waiting to get all these repaired.

On 11/1/2023 at 9:16 PM, Jesus Perez said:

You are not alone!  , I just bought the new 2400 open have similar issues. Dealer has been great but seems like we are getting the run around a bit or they are just swamped. The deck has blisters all over which are not voids apparently it’s in the mold. Drives me crazy and worried about resale value. When the sun hits it you can see them clearly. It’s obvious a manufacture defect. The live well leaks as it is a two piece.  Transom rod holder was placed too close to the livewell and has stress crack. Power pole falling down becoming loose. My hatches and forward bilge fills with water including inside my center console. Waiting to get all these repaired.

I have forwarded this  to administration...

MOD2