Friction hinges

OldestCityLocal

I installed friction hinges right after they introduced them on my 2001 2200v and was very happy with the upgrade. They continued to work well even with a little age on them too. I think some guys may have had a problem with the hole patterns lining up with the old hinges fyi. Not sure on which boat you will be installing but personally I would suggest a call to Gemlux to be sure they match.

Jp

I've had mine prob 3 years and still works same as it did new. And no rusting on them or the rod holders either.

***uming your in St Aug,...Gemlux is right off Blanding Blvd in OP. I walked right in to get mine. They showed me around and some of the cool stuff they were working on at the time - screw less rod holders - which I think have become pretty popular w new builders. Super nice guys there.

These are a great option but the only ones I have found that are a direct fit for my 2200 TRS are the hinges for the center console storage compartment. All the others require fill and drill. Would be great if they expanded their line for more direct fits or the factory used these from the get go.

Archived