Putting a new bilge in a 2013 24 pathfinder

Waterguy

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to replace the bilge on a 2013 24 foot Pathfinder? The hatch is pretty small and the bilge is way down in the bottom of course and I am 260 pounds so no easy task either way but was just wondering if anybody had any experience or tricks to do it? Thanks!

The procedure will vary on different  models and years but the  first question will be  have you enlarged the access hatch. Many models have room for a larger hatch that will make it easier. 

If you can reach it by hand there will be tabs on the strainer . Push them in and lift off the pump. Often the hose will  have  enough  slack to unhook old pump and put on new.

Next is a big IF. If you were lucky enough to find an exact replacement just snap in to original strainer.

If not you will need to remove old strainer and repace. BE CAREFUL OF SCREW LENGTH. You don't  need a hole to patch.

Thanks for advice. I believe it’s large enough to make the hatch bigger but what a job. The pump is an Attwood Sahara 1000. They still make them. Hopefully the base is the same. If you are familiar with the 2013 24 PF you know they have the net locker built into the floor. Well this boat is kept on a lift so any heavy rain or washing and it goes right into the bilge. We just had a tropical storm and there was 10 inches in the bilge. Luckily I have a submersible pump. Hoping any additional wiring is not screwed up too. Thanks for advice!

I have a 2012 22. I have a slot screwdriver on a broom handle. I use that to release the tabs and lift the pump by the discharge hose so I can get my hands on it.

No matter what, the best way to replace it is pay someone to do it. LOL  Or rent a trained monkey.....

For the record, I have a 2006 2200V that I've installed a larger bilge access hatch. The question that I have is WHY doesn't MBC install those (larger hatches)  from the factory instead of the pie plates? It seems that everyone installs the bigger hatches.... Overall cost would seem insignificant in the big scheme of things....

RM

On 6/11/2022 at 7:03 AM, Rocketman said:

For the record, I have a 2006 2200V that I've installed a larger bilge access hatch. The question that I have is WHY doesn't MBC install those (larger hatches)  from the factory instead of the pie plates? It seems that everyone installs the bigger hatches.... Overall cost would seem insignificant in the big scheme of things....

RM

The large splashwell hatches were installed in the newer boats.  Retro fitting the larger TH hatch is a pretty easy job.