DELETE

Forgottencoast

On 6/15/2022 at 7:50 AM, Lmattaway said:

That boat sold within 24 hours. Slim pickings at the moment on used boats in the 40k price range, but I hope more become available after this summer! 

First time in my entire life I have been completely boat-less.....I know there is one out there, but waiting for this market craziness to fall out is tougher than it seems.  It also does not help that I am looking for only 2 specific boats.  

2 hours ago, Forgottencoast said:

First time in my entire life I have been completely boat-less.....I know there is one out there, but waiting for this market craziness to fall out is tougher than it seems.  It also does not help that I am looking for only 2 specific boats.  

With interest rates going up we will likely see more boats up for sale and prices plateauing or dropping. Prob won’t be til the fall though

On 6/15/2022 at 7:50 AM, Lmattaway said:

That boat sold within 24 hours. Slim pickings at the moment on used boats in the 40k price range, but I hope more become available after this summer! 

It was slim pickings when I got mine last year too. I was ready to give up and had a deposit down on a clean low hour 2013 Redfisher. All of the sudden a low hr 2012 HPX-V popped up on my Craigslist search and 12 hrs later I was pulling it home.

So happy I didn't end up in another Redfisher the HPX-V is superior in nearly every way. Hang in there OP you'll find it.

3 hours ago, Forgottencoast said:

I just sold my Pro about a month ago, and seeing all of my buddies jumping tarpon makes it tough… but I had a guy offer me stupid money, so I couldn’t refuse… especially with the arrival of my 2nd daughter this summer. I figure I’d be too busy to fish anyway, so I sold it and hopefully when prices fall, I’ll be in a good position to buy a hpxv18 that someone needs to get rid of. I do believe it’s coming. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lmattaway said:

I just sold my Pro about a month ago, and seeing all of my buddies jumping tarpon makes it tough… but I had a guy offer me stupid money, so I couldn’t refuse… especially with the arrival of my 2nd daughter this summer. I figure I’d be too busy to fish anyway, so I sold it and hopefully when prices fall, I’ll be in a good position to buy a hpxv18 that someone needs to get rid of. I do believe it’s coming. 

Well said! It’s totally coming on both the used and new sides. I’m being patient and saving cash cause good ones are gonna pop up and sadly people will be scrambling to get out of them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 2:51 PM, geeviam said:

Could be wrong, the first one seems like a scam. Registration says NC but lists it is in Port Charlotte, lacks any sort of detail, crummy pictures and $20k+ under market. If it's not a scam it's gone already.

33 minutes ago, Tender said:

Could be wrong, the first one seems like a scam. Registration says NC but lists it is in Port Charlotte, lacks any sort of detail, crummy pictures and $20k+ under market. If it's not a scam it's gone already.

I agree.  I just contacted a seller on CL by email yesterday about a Mercury prop that was priced $250 below market in near-new condition.  He replied that it was still available.  Then I asked him if he could take a new photo of the prop with his cell phone and text the photo to my cell (so I could look at the picture properties and see date and time it was created).  Never heard from him again.  I'm starting to think there are more scams than legitimate items for sale on CL these days.

Very true, CL seems as if it has died out.  I attempted to contact ft Myers seller and never heard back.  

Have talked with the owner of the yellow '09, but am just not quite sold on the yellow yet.  It is on my list tho!  I am trying so hard to wait till tarpon season is over, I know there will be more skiffs popping up then.  Waiting is the worst! Lol

Just not much for sale in general out there at the moment 

Don't give up on CL, there are some deals on there that pop up from time to time. Picked mine up off CL last year but you have to move quick, any deals are usually gone in hours. I called 20 min after it was posted and immediately left to go pick it up.

But you're right there isn't much out there and HPX's are tough to find.

• 3 weeks later...